Using Dive Rite software for IQ-700 interface with vista

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazycons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,
I own a Tusa IQ-700 and I thought about buying an interface. Unfortunately I am using only computers with windows vista (32 -bit) which is obviously not supported by the TUSA software. However, Dive Rite published a vista compatible software for the NitekTrio (NiTek Dive Log Vista: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - NiTek Trio). As the computer is almost identical in construction I would like to know if anyone tried the software in combination with the Tusa IQ-700 and if it works.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Constantin

Last edited by a moderator:
HI,
This question has been addressed several times in the past, however, we'd be happy to answer. The reason accessory software was not updated is that the IQ-700 is a discontinued product and has been on the market for over 4 years. Dive Rite began to offer their version of the computer more recently. As for the compatability, we do not have that information. The TUSA software requires model and a serial number input for activation, this may be the case for Dive Rite's as well. You would want to verify with them.

You should be able to use the USB drivers from Dive Rite but you would have to use the TUSA download software.

Hi guys,
I own a Tusa IQ-700 and I thought about buying an interface. Unfortunately I am using only computers with windows vista (32 -bit) which is obviously not supported by the TUSA software. However, Dive Rite published a vista compatible software for the NitekTrio (NiTek Dive Log Vista: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - NiTek Trio). As the computer is almost identical in construction I would like to know if anyone tried the software in combination with the Tusa IQ-700 and if it works.
Thanks for your help in advance.
Constantin

I use the Zeagle N2ition with the IQ-700 logbook and it works fine.
The N2ition software is on Zeagle's site under computers - accesories - Datalink.

I chose IQ software because Zeagle's software requires .NET and I am not installing
that on my computer... Zeagle has a Vista only install package.

Back
Top Bottom