Using a twin cylinder?tanks. .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wich assiation can you maybe recomend for me? ?
In South Africa we have Cmas, Sdi/Tdi and Iantd. .

Live to dive and Dive to live. . . . :burnout:

They will all provide you with similar skills and knowledge. I would look for an instructor you trust and forget the rest.

TSandM mentions something worth re-reading so I won't repeat her.

R..

Karel, who did you do your Open Water certification through?

I have a feeling it will probably be PADI? If so, you can talk to your PADI Instructor about the PADI TecRec courses.. as expat South African, I know a lot of people in the TEC diving world in South Africa, its a very very small community. So let me know what city you live in and I should be able to get hold of a very reputable Instructor..

BTW - If you have ever heard of "Boesmans Gat" In South Africa? its synonymous with Tec Diving (this is where Sheck Exley set his deep air world records) and its considered the worlds deepest sink hole at about 275 meters!! its the "everest" of Tec diving back in the day!

Anyways,The requirements are that you have already gone through PADI Advanced Open Water and PADI Deep Diver certification as well as PADI Nitrox certification.. it also requires a minimum of 50 dives logged. Of these you should at least have 10 Nitrox Dives, at least 12 dives deeper than 20 meters and at least 6 dives deeper than 30 meters..

If you match these requirements talk to your instructor about the new PADI Discover TEC, TEC40, TEC45, TEC50 TEC Trimix 65 and TEC Trimix Dive tracks. The first certification can introduce you to technical diving from 40 meters and then latter ones take you step by step all the way through to full trimix (helium blends) with accelerated decompression diving using pure Oxygen with your training depths starting at 75 meters!

Please keep in mind, technical diving is NOT for everyone and the worlds best reef systems are shallower than recreational limits. Also, I always encourage people to go at least to PADI Master Diver level and log at least 100 dives and 20% of these should be deeper than 30 meters before you should even consider Tec Diving..

Tec Diving is a natural evolution for the very adventurous and experienced recreational divers with the passion to learn more and push their limits to go beyond recreational limits and experience the wrecks and caves and other phenomenal sights that very very few divers and people will ever bear to witness.

Let me know if you need more info or if I can put you in contact with a local Tec Instructor..

for more information: http://www.padi.com/scuba/padi-courses/technical-courses/default.aspx

Cheers

Koos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom