Using a compass for shore diving in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have found the compas to be quite useful especially on night dives. Between the compass and start depth you will at least be close to your starting point. The great visibility, turn around points, current considerations and land or is it sea marks all help. Having said that one time we were diving Little cayman and at the end of the dive came up under the wrong boat which had anchored 50 yds from our boat after our descent. It was the same size boat, same dive co. (Reef divers) with a reg hanging over the side at 20'. The only difference was a difference in the color of a weight belt on the reg. Boy was I embarassed. I now pay attention to detail a bit more.

I almost that exact mistake on Little Cayman with Reef Divers. Fortunately, my dive buddy waived me away on to the right boat. No one was the wiser. (Except, for me, of course.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom