USIA Techniflex review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are great suits, even more so with the price factored in. I grew up diving in the Pacific Northwest, and they were kind of our own little secret dry suit brand at the time.

Great write up and review. I actually dig the purple, and like Mike, it's the first I have seen it as well.

I think I'll take it in over the winter to get a daisy chain put in the pockets, plus a P-valve. Dealing with the suit and fleece onesie in a porta potty at the quarry (and sleeves dragging on the floor, which skeeved me out) during check out dive weekend was enough to convince me that gluing a She-P to my lady bits is a necessary evil! :oops:

Ok, for a newbie, please explain daisy chain, P-valve and She-P? Please?

Ok, for a newbie, please explain daisy chain, P-valve and She-P? Please?
Hey, Chip!

A daisy chain is a sewn in loop of webbing that allows you to clip off accessories to the inner pocket. Basically, it keeps them attached to the suit and on a cord so they don't get surrendered to the depths if you drop them

A P-valve is exactly as it sounds. It's a valve attached to a hose that will allow you to relieve yourself during a dive. For men, it usually involves wearing a condom catheter that's attached to the hose for "offboard discharge". For women, a She-P is needed, basically, it's a "cup" with a seal that adheres to the "lady parts".

I hope that's a decent explanation!

Yes, thank you. Living up here in New England I will probably (hopefully) need a dry suit some day. :)

Yes, thank you. Living up here in New England I will probably (hopefully) need a dry suit some day. :)
Yeah, a drysuit would be a great investment for you. You'll find that with a drysuit you will dive quite a bit more because you're comfortable and your dive season will be longer as well! Feel free to hit us up with any questions, either on here, by phone 815-267-8400 or we also have a live chat on the site.

Hey Mike, thanks for diving with me yesterday at the pumpkin dive! Can't wait to see the pics you took! And yes, more battle stains on my suit! :)

Back
Top Bottom