USIA Techniflex opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WestCoastDivr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been looking into drysuit recently and I think I've settled on the USIA techniflex, however, there haven't been many posts about in on the board in the last couple years. Has anyone dived one, and if so, what are your opinions on it?

Thanks

Didnt know the HOG was a USIA. Do they use the same sizing and have similar fit?

Yes they do, and I can send you the size chart and custom measurement form. Each suit is made to order so I like to have people fill out the chart. You may be a stock size. But filling out the form allows me to get an expert opinion on if that's the case or if you may need some custom options. Which by the way are very reasonable cost wise. If you get one from me and pick it up in person I'll throw in a free drysuit orientation/class with it.

Well after a month of back and forth with DRIS I placed an order a couple days ago for a custom sized techniflex drysuit with si tech replaceable silicone neck and wrist seals, zippered pocket, hard boots, a light monkey balanced p valve, and the exhaust valve on the upper arm. It will be a while before I receive the suit, but I'll try to remember to write a review on this thread after I've used it a few times.

How much did you pay for in total after all the modifications?

How much did you pay for in total after all the modifications?

If you go by DRIS's page and add all the options it comes to 1934.98. But we all know Mike always has some sort of special running:wink:. OP, nice suit I will be looking forward to a review on it.

If you go by DRIS's page and add all the options it comes to 1934.98. But we all know Mike always has some sort of special running:wink:. OP, nice suit I will be looking forward to a review on it.
I ordered over the phone with one of the DRIS employees after a lot of emailing back and forth and was able to work out a little bit of a deal :D I should have it by early august

Three months later and it's finally here. I don't know if any of you are still interested but I figured I'd write down my first impressions of the suit in case anyone else is considering buying it. First I'll talk about the custom sizing. The waist size, chest size, and height are all perfect. One caveat, however is that the perfect height makes it a little awkward/difficult to get my head into the suit but it's worth the awkwardness for how great the fit is. The arm and leg length are also nearly perfect, however there is a fair amount of space around my arms and legs. This is due to how awkwardly thin I am for my size, not any issues of production. I would certainly recommend anyone that buy this suit pay the little bit extra for custom sizing as its fit is fantastic. The hard boots fit well and are very comfortable. The p-valve is installed well and seems to be functioning correctly. The suspenders hold the suit up great but due to the fit they're hardly necessary. There are 2 zippered pockets on each leg with d-rings on the inside to clip gear to and mesh on the bottom to drain water. They seem very sturdy and have a decent amount of space. The sitech neck and wrist rings are barely noticeable and don't get in the way of anything. The silicone seals are very easy to get in and out of and they fit great. The fabric feels quite strong but also has a decent amount of stretch. I have no problem reaching over my head and behind my back, curling into a ball, hugging my arms around my whole body, or doing any other positions that would ever be necessary. I've never owned a drysuit before so I'm not sure how the front zipper is supposed to feel, but it's a bit odd and stiff in the way that it wraps around the front of my body, however, it doesn't seem like it will be in the way. Overall it all looks great and I would certainly recommend it for the price. There are few suits that you can get fully loaded, custom sized, and very study for under $2000. I'll try to get pictures soon to upload. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom