USIA Techniflex opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't have one currently, but it is the suit I recommend to most everyone for drysuits. I had a real bad experience with my HOG suit that was ordered 3 years ago and I'm still bitter on it. The royally screwed up the sizing, to the point that it was unusable, and then refused to make good on it, it was real bad.

The zipper is stiff, it's the nature of the beast, it mostly goes away in the water. Suspenders are twofold, the suit is supposed to be telescoping, so it helps to keep the legs up when the torso folds down, and then when you're walking around on a SIT and don't want to take the whole suit off, you can just pop out of the top and stick the arms thru the suspenders and the suit stays up.

Glad you love it, long term durability is "it's built like a tank". You'll get 300-400 dives out of it before you need to do some maintenance, usually on the zipper, and the suit should last around 500 dives before you need to replace it. It's normal, they wear out, it's still longer than a wetsuit though :)

I'm so excited to try it out. Unfortunately, being in college, I have almost no way to transport all my gear to a dive site even though I'm only about 25 minutes away. I guess I'll just have to put it on every once in a while and imagine I'm underwater :depressed: I think I've actually been going through diving withdrawals since I've been here

just make friends with the divers out there and beg them to come pick you up..... One thing about the diving crowd, especially the DIR group out there actually is they will bend over backwards and help other divers out. Most of the tech diving crowd will do the same, but the DIR divers have some weird bond with each other even if they don't know you, they will treat you like family, it's kind of cool. I think TSandM is one of the big ones out there, they can show you a thing or two.

Back
Top Bottom