Uses for scuba tank, please add ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife smasher.

J/K!

Sad story... I was putting on my BC and my wife was behind me...smacked her in the head with my tank on accident. Poor thing had a bump and a raging headache...

Wow I can't believe no one said get multiple paintball fills.

OO and for the smuggling..... I have seen paintball players do it with weed on a plane. (not me BTW)

Well,
I don't recommend this but, the other day nobody on the surface was paying attention to our work barge(two old sections of marina float strapped together and powered with a 4 hp outboard=Yankee red necks) and the roller chain had hung up on the barnacled piling. We came up to find one rail a foot under the water. I reverse shimmied down the pole to about 8fsw and an empty 80 wielded from below made a great sledgehammer.

PS Another great use is as a reaction tester for divers. Just say something like "Those guys that claim these things blow up are full of *****". Then throw an empty(I mean valve open empty) 80 as high as you can to prove your point. Any certified diver who fails to run away fails the test :D

Wife smasher.

J/K!

Sad story... I was putting on my BC and my wife was behind me...smacked her in the head with my tank on accident. Poor thing had a bump and a raging headache...

heck..I don't have to whack her with a tank for her to get a raging headache! :rofl3:

Darn I can't think of anymore you guys covered it all I think ... oh ...

4th of July, tape a sparkler to it and roll it down the street when a parade goes by and watch everyone run for cover thinking that's rather a large firework there.

I like the way you think. Very sick sense of humer: the best kind.

A 'piggy bank' for upcoming trips?

With a piece of 1/2" conduit and a handfull of wire nuts you could be VERY dangerous. By dangerous I mean DANGEROUS!!! This is a rifle range only type of toy!

Put plastic tank mesh on and roll it back and forth through long grass with your foot - it makes a very effective pooper-scooper.

So many uses for scuba tanks, lets add;

I made a TV table using four scuba tanks as legs,

I rigged a regulator to attach an air hose for tools, so I have portable air tools. The air ratchet is really handy when hanging upside down into a marine engine compartment.

I painted a couple of cars using scuba tanks as an air source. Ten tanks will give you enough air to put two coats of paint on a large car.

Scuba tanks make great rollers for moving heavy machinery, when my compressor was dropped off in the parking lot, with impending rain, I levered one end up and slid a scuba tank under it. By pushing and levering I got four scuba tanks under the length of the compressor, and I was able to roll the compressor indoors by myself, taking the tank that the compressor had just rolled off and putting it to the front, repeat as necessary.

I am thinking about using a bunch of them to make a giant wind chime…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom