Uses for scuba tank, please add ..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once helped some friends to salvage a 40 ft. Scarabe sunk in 40 ft. of water, the twin engines were buried in the sand. We used an extra scuba tank on the bottom of the lake to fill some old tire inner-tubes to lift the sunken boat...it worked quite good.

Cut slot in side, bank.

I think a small pony bottle or spare air with the bottom threaded would make a neat bank actually.

I'd like to say that i haven't done this but that would be lying... just a couple of hundred of psi is all that's needed in combination with a ball valve to make a potato canon that would shoot through plywood. Think of it as a way to test the siding for potential storm damage

A microbrewery

A steam engine boiler

Anchoring the two posts for a badminton set

I think someone said already, a pot for a whiskey distillery - just adapt some pipe fittings to a coiled copper hose

Cut the top off and place by the front door for holding umbrellas and walking sticks

or...

hang sideways on the wall and use as quiver for spearguns

An urn for your ashes

A candle stick holder (large candles, unless you screwed in adapters)

Dry storage for seeds.

Smuggling device to cross the border. How many border guards will want to open up a pressurized scuba tank?

Don't give them ideas....

Cut the top off. Set a piece of glass on it and replace the top. You got a table with a dive tank coming through it.

How about a Lamp?

scuba-tank-lamp_small.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom