User file storage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simbrooks

Snr LayZboy Meteorologist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The other day i was uploading a file on here as yet another joke about the recent hurricanes and noticed that there seemed to be a file storage limit. By scaling kind of by eye it appeared that might be about 1 MB and i was half way there with 5 files. I have since removed some of those attachments and it went back down to around 250-300 KB or so.

I was wondering how can people put loads of photos up on here or other attachments if there is only a limited space for those files to store? I would imagine a couple of dozen photos would max out your file storage space pretty easily, or do photographers (etc) have more room? I was therefore thinking that if this is the case, that others might want to remove some photos or attachments, that i should download them soon just in case they take them out to free up space, just like i did just now with my attachments, or are photos held in the gallery and not applied to a users account?

Just the musings of an inquizitive mind..... :wink:

If you use the photo gallery you get 50mb of space (and more if you need it). On the board its self space for attachments is limited simply to keep things clear, I will see about increasing the limit to 2mb or something more logical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom