Used gear-Tampa area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian2828

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've recently moved to Tampa from the midwest and am planning to buy my own dive gear. Can ayone recommend a local dive shop(within 90 minutes of Tampa) that has basic, reliable, well maintained used gear for sale?

Thanks,
Brian

Welcome to the Scubaboard!

I live out in Brandon (well really on the far edge of Valrico) and there are several good dive shops out here.

I used to go to EZ Scuba over off of Hillsborough and Hanley when I was living out of state and would come back into town. My inlaws lived right around the corner and we stayed with them. I don't know if they have dive gear for sale, I bet they do though, but Eric was a great guy to take classes from and they were very flexible with us for training. My wife and I would get down here for a couple of days, and he would hook us up with training (if we wanted it) and a boat to dive on out of Clearwater.

I have been using Depth Perception off of I-75 and Adamo Drive since I am much closer to them now. I have only bought a few things from them so far, and some tank rentals, but they seem to be a pretty decent group there.

Those are the 2 shops I have the most experience with in Tampa, but there are a TON of them in the phone book. I know some of them do a once a year sale where they get rid of a lot of used gear...you normally need to hit the website or see it advertised in the Trib classified ads to know its going on.

Hope this helps. And you should consider coming to that Venice Sharks tooth dive on Aug 9. Sounds like we are going to have a big group there and you would be more than welcome to come on down.

EZ Scuba
the guys there are great, will work with you on gear, has decent prices, one of the better shops I have dealt with

Brian,
Watch in the Tampa Tribune want adds. Used gear is cheap here around Tampa. People are trying to unload pratically new dive gear all the time. You might to have to look awhile, but you'll probably be able to fill your kit out with decent gear at a very good price. The only problem is most folks around here want as much for a used reg set up as you can buy new ones for. I do recommend EZ Scuba on West Hillsborough. Eric is a good guy and he'll make you a deal on Zeagle regs. Tell him Robert sent you. He'll know who you're talking about. Welcome to Florida, now, let's go diving. :tree: Bob

Thanks for all of the replies. I will definitely check out EZ Scuba and watch for used sales in the local papers.

Brian

Hi Brian I was in my lds just a couple of days ago and they had just got what looked like a couple of set's of gear from a friend that had just died or given up diving. Give a call, Sunshine scuba Largo #585 0938.

Tackle Shack

The owners of this place are brothers 1 majorly into sailing the other majorly into diving they deal in used and new in both areas. They will match prices and they will deal. If you deal with them directly they are the owners (hint)! The brothers names are Andy and Jimmy Levine. The company name is Tackle Shack it is in Pinellas Park they have a nice size shop and they are on-line tshack.com but to buy ggo in!! You may even meet some divers in your area or ones that will travel to you or you travel to them or just meet you on the road....Have great time and welcome to the tampa area....
Pfffttt as if I'm like someone important or something......but welcome to the area..We have lived here for around 10 years we love it...but of course we take full advantage of florida's extra-curriculars...
or call them @ (800) 537-6099
(727) 546-5080
Fax - (727) 541- 3478
Tackle Shack
7801 66th Street, N
Pinellas Park, Florida 33781

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom