Used Gear price check please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel that high retail on used gear should be half of the new price when purchased. High retail is no scratches on computer or gauge faces, no dings on painted cylinders, no sun fade or pinch marks on BCs, no stress cracks on fins when bending, and I wouldn't buy a used mask.

Now, from that starting point, fade and wear takes off from high retail price. For instance, using that standard, my gear would be worth about $25 bucks, but then, most of it has a thousand dives except my fins. They have 5000 dives on them. Also, none of it is for sale.

Good luck.

I feel that high retail on used gear should be half of the new price when purchased. High retail is no scratches on computer or gauge faces, no dings on painted cylinders, no sun fade or pinch marks on BCs, no stress cracks on fins when bending, and I wouldn't buy a used mask.

Now, from that starting point, fade and wear takes off from high retail price. For instance, using that standard, my gear would be worth about $25 bucks, but then, most of it has a thousand dives except my fins. They have 5000 dives on them. Also, none of it is for sale.

Good luck.

Thanks, Wookie. OT, but how is diving in Key West in December? Read some threads which said it should be good but that Key West might not have the best reefs among the FL Keys.

Thanks, Wookie. OT, but how is diving in Key West in December? Read some threads which said it should be good but that Key West might not have the best reefs among the FL Keys.

Keys diving. Key Largo has the best diving as far as vis and number of dive sites. Looe Key is best for being able to drive to and health of the reef. Dry Tortugas is what the keys were 20 years ago because no one poops in the water out there.

Key West is for drinking and the Vandenberg unless you can afford a private charter. If you go where everyone else goes, the reefs are pretty beat up....

Back
Top Bottom