Used drysuit rant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quit being a wuss. I dive Lake George April through November. Thermocline temps are usually in the low 50°F range. I wear a 3mm wetsuit with a 3mm vest.

Quit being a wuss. I dive Lake George April through November. Thermocline temps are usually in the low 50°F range. I wear a 3mm wetsuit with a 3mm vest.

ROFL!!!! Heck, I shiver in an 80 degree pool with a 3mm suit on, literally to the point of teeth chattering. I had a very hard time teaching in colder pools for long periods of time because I'd get hypothermic. So yea, things are very different when you don't have any body fat. Thats what happens when you train a lot... I also race motocross, which forces me to keep ultra fit and slim.

Try diveseekers.com I'm 66" and 140#, use a standard mens medium, and haven't really found a huge problem finding a suit. Maybe I'm not as particular. The problem I find is finding one with proper sized boots. I just wear extra socks and live with it. It also helps if you are competent (or can become competent) at seal replacement and minor repairs. Good luck.

At least you have some sort of a chance of finding something.... I'm 6'-7", very wide at the shoulders, and lean (>10" between chest & waist). Sleeves are 38" long, and inseam is 36". Every wet suit and dry suit I've owned is a brand new custom...... to do my open water certification dives i bought a custom. Guess I had a reason to keep diving.....

How does it feel after the third dive of the day?

Check out the Diving Concepts just posted on the forum for $800.

---------- Post added October 4th, 2013 at 11:56 AM ----------

At least you have some sort of a chance of finding something.... I'm 6'-7", very wide at the shoulders, and lean (>10" between chest & waist). Sleeves are 38" long, and inseam is 36". Every wet suit and dry suit I've owned is a brand new custom...... to do my open water certification dives i bought a custom. Guess I had a reason to keep diving.....
Or, 5'1". 135 lbs with wide shoulders and for a girl. I had to get a custom drysuit and undergarment.

Back
Top Bottom