Question Used drysuit boots too big, how important is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amalise

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I'm just learning how to dive and have the chance to purchase a used Bare drysuit at a decent price. It's in good condition but the boots are 2 sizes bigger than my shoe size. The seller is the same shoe size as me and says they just wear a few pairs of socks and it's alright. I've never tried a drysuit on so have no idea how it should feel fit-wise in the feet. Would this be a deal breaker or will it be okay with a few pairs of socks?

Deal breaker for me, but I’ve already suffered the dreaded “stuck upside down with inflated feet, fins popped off experience” during my drysuit class in a badly fitted rental.

i got the same issue, mine is a bare too and the boot even if are the same size that i usually wear they seems to wear 2 size bigger, i solve it putting several insoles and wearing neoprene socks, and get an pair of heavier fins as to compensate the light feet effect

Yeah if the suit is free until with patience you come across the right one

You are in the UK, boots can be cut off and replaced by a good drysuit manufacturer.

Personally I would have them replaced with neoprene drysocks and wear rock boots over them.

Contact Seaskin on 0113 2361776, email on info@seaskin.co.uk and ask for advice.

If they are integrated boots and the price it right, I would just do what others have said, insoles and socks. When buying something like a used drysuit, perfect is the enemy of the good. Boots that are too tight are worse than too big.

I'm just learning how to dive and have the chance to purchase a used Bare drysuit at a decent price. It's in good condition but the boots are 2 sizes bigger than my shoe size. The seller is the same shoe size as me and says they just wear a few pairs of socks and it's alright. I've never tried a drysuit on so have no idea how it should feel fit-wise in the feet. Would this be a deal breaker or will it be okay with a few pairs of socks?
My 1st used suit had boots 2 sizes too big. I would wear 3 layers of socks to account, it was fine. If anything I think it helped with my trim because there's no denying you're head down or vice versa. Your feet will tell you.

It doesnt beat a good M2M suit.. that should be the end goal. Swapping boots / socks isn't a hard diy either.

Thanks everyone for your replies, some really helpful advice! I will try extra socks/insoles and look at getting the boots changed until I can afford a made to measure. Really appreciate your replies.

Can you help me find fin keepers to fit over drysuit fins and boots thanks

Back
Top Bottom