USCG BIBB AND DEEP MOLASSES REPORT, sunday, 3/23/14, pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
timg and I joined Mario and tathiana on their boat for a 2 tanker this am. chamber of commerce weather: warm sunshine, calm winds, flat seas offshore. the duane was jammed with divers/fisherman so we elected to dive the bibb for our 1st cylinder. lots of boats out there! buoy B2: minimal current, particulate blue water, viz approaching 80FT on the ship, far less @ shallower depths, water temp 76F @ 90-120FT. it's been awhile, exposed props a huge plus! nice dive but not as fishy as it's sister ship, the duane. too rich a mix for a double on the bibb in our 2nd tank(36 ean) so after a 60 minute surface interval we headed for deep molasses buoy M28: dusty blue/green viz 50FT, light NE current, 77F @ 45-90FT. wide angle pics provided by timg,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• bibb1.jpg
    bibb1.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 103
  • bibb2.jpg
    bibb2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 98
  • bibb3.jpg
    bibb3.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 93
  • bibb4.jpg
    bibb4.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 94
  • bibb5.jpg
    bibb5.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 85
  • bibb6.jpg
    bibb6.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 91
  • bibb7.jpg
    bibb7.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 86
  • bibb8.jpg
    bibb8.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 80
  • bibb9.jpg
    bibb9.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 92
  • bibb10.jpg
    bibb10.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 84
  • mo1.jpg
    mo1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 98
  • mo2.jpg
    mo2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 93
  • mo3.jpg
    mo3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 84
  • mo4.jpg
    mo4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 75
  • mo5.jpg
    mo5.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 83
Nice of you guys to stop by and say hi. No pictures to share because I was guiding a buddy from NYC. 2 reef sharks swam right between my buddy and I, we were no more than 3 feet apart.

Nice report buddy...love the details. Wish I could have stayed a little longer :D

Great pics Tim!

Nice of you guys to stop by and say hi. No pictures to share because I was guiding a buddy from NYC. 2 reef sharks swam right between my buddy and I, we were no more than 3 feet apart.

I was a bit confused at first, I didn't observe your wife(and your normal dive buddy) from where we were moored on M28!! terrific day out there. timg and I have observed 1-3 small reef sharks on nearly every dive on those northern mooring buoys. northstar and logans run, did you see the large schools of horseye jacks?

reefman
key largo

---------- Post added March 23rd, 2014 at 10:54 PM ----------

thanxs DIVA. develop a long term plan, and move south to Monroe county in the future. then you both can cherry pick your dive outings like the locals!! by the way, rainbow reef's vessels were jammed today @ MO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I was a bit confused at first, I didn't observe your wife(and your normal dive buddy) from where we were moored on M28!! terrific day out there. timg and I have observed 1-3 small reef sharks on nearly every dive on those northern mooring buoys. northstar and logans run, did you see the large schools of horseye jacks?

reefman
key largo
Unfortunately no but really nice schools of fish today

thanxs DIVA. develop a long term plan, and move south to Monroe county in the future. then you both can cherry pick your dive outings like the locals!! by the way, rainbow reef's vessels were jammed today @ MO

I'll bet Captain Dean is enjoying his new "baby"...the Tropical Odyssey! He is such a nice guy and I know he will take good care of her.

Would love to work on that long term plan, but I'm afraid the kids and grandkids would never forgive us :no: We will just have to continue in our existing mode...make a mad dash down to Key Largo whenever the opportunity presents itself :D Fortunately, our Cajun dive community is growing and we often have company!

The Bibb looks beatiful. thanks for the gorgeous pictures

timg is in email hell @ the present time. I thank you on his behalf. the BIBB is a must deep dive in the upper keys, rarely dove and the exposed props and shafts are a sight to behold,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Awesome depth of field on your photos with fantastic blue water. Great shots!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom