US Virgin Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JM309

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am going to St Thomas in 2 weeks. I will be diving with my friends an Admiralty Dive Center for many of my dives. I want to do some deeper wreck or wall dives or technical dives if available. Does anyone know of a shop or individual DM that can accommodate. I just want to avoid any days where the cruise ship divers show up and dives get dummied down.

JM309

Wreck Dives St. Thomas USVI Scuba Trips Guided Snorkeling Packages

Here is a list some of the sites they dive. There are a few deep wrecks listed. Not Tech depths, but some around 90+ FSW. I have only been to St. Croix, so don't know much about sites around St. Thomas. After a quick search, I find that Blue Island Divers on St. Thomas ( St. Thomas scuba diving ) offer the PADI TEC courses. They may be able to get you to some deeper sites.
For wall diving, I'd have to recommend Cane Bay wall on St. Croix. I think the round trip shuttle plane is around $150. The Tec op I know of there is called St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures. St Croix Scuba Diving, SCUBA Dive Shop - St Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures in the US Virgin Islands
Hope this helps a little.

Because of where the wrecks are located, Blue Island is the dive shop going to most of them. Other ops would have to come way around the island which costs more fuel and takes more time cutting down on the time they would have for afternoon dives. The Witt Shoal is a great dive and is deeper than most here in the USVI. There are other good wreck dives as well.

St Croix has wonderful diving, deeper than St Thomas because of where their island is located. They do have some spectacular wall diving. The Frederikstad pier at night is a very good dive. You can take the Seaplane over to St Croix, but it is not worth it for a day trip. We don't even go over there unless it will be for a long weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom