US to Curacao - US COVID Testing Options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you ever find anything out? I got a reply from the Curacao people saying that "We are accepting RT PCR test but the normal ones, the mid-turbinate it's not a valid test." I can't find anywhere in Washington DC that does the "normal" ones everywhere does the turbinate tests.

Did you ever find anything out? I got a reply from the Curacao people saying that "We are accepting RT PCR test but the normal ones, the mid-turbinate it's not a valid test." I can't find anywhere in Washington DC that does the "normal" ones everywhere does the turbinate tests.
That is a pretty unclear response. What it means depends on what means "normal" and on the use/non-use of commas. The drive-through tests (like CVS and Walgreens) tend to be self-administered swabs, under supervision. Definitionally, the are definitely mid-turbinate because the swabs only go in an inch or so.
Q7wuudplk08HreiK6AuQB63YVVV8K99varwlEA1g8Fjnqyvj6A9x7riAK4F-Jv51lGStAjPdF010MRZrFGtGyTydhEFpi1qN8nfLN_lMQ2YycSo

The good news is the emailed results don't say mid-turbinate.

Yeah the only problem with those tests is they don’t guarantee the results will be back within 24 hours.

Yeah the only problem with those tests is they don’t guarantee the results will be back within 24 hours.
1) ID-NOW from Walgreens is just a few hours, but it is NAAT, of which PCR is a subset.
2) The Curacao site says PCR within 48h or antigen within 24h. The latter is easy.

1) ID-NOW from Walgreens is just a few hours, but it is NAAT, of which PCR is a subset.
2) The Curacao site says PCR within 48h or antigen within 24h. The latter is easy.
Thanks, I was worried about me getting the results of an antigen to the Curacao site and then getting the approval in one day.

Yeah, man. This is what I found out from various people who have traveled to Curacao and used the various testing options from the US. I based this info from people on FB threads, etc that have declared they had traveled to Curacao using the following tests....

They will accept the PCR/NAAT test from CVS. They will also apparently accept the rapid antigen test from Walgreen's. They will likely NOT accept the Rapid ID NOW PCR test from Walgreen's. Travelers were ambiguous enough on this one that I decided it isn't; worth trusting it when there are other options. We depart Dec 4th, so I'm getting both. The CVS PCR on Thursday morning and the Walgreens Rapid Test on Friday morning. Our flight to Curacao departs Charlotte at 0930 on Sat.

The 48 hour window is from the departure time of your flight TO CURACAO, not your initial connecting flight, if you have one. For instance, we fly on a red eye (1230 am) to Charlotte and arrive at 0630. Our flight to Curacao departs at 0930 on Saturday. That flight is what determines the "48 hours window". Also, the govt. seems to be honoring the initial departure time in case of flight delays.

And last, but not least.....if you manage to board and arrive in Curacao, and they don't like your test, or they determine you missed your time window, they will test you on arrival (antigen) for a small fee and let you in....assuming you test negative. LOL

Anyway, that's what I've got so far.

And last, but not least.....if you manage to board and arrive in Curacao, and they don't like your test, or they determine you missed your time window, they will test you on arrival (antigen) for a small fee and let you in....assuming you test negative. LOL
This tracks with my experience. On 11/13 I am in the United check in line in Cozumel airport to fly back to US. Someone is at the counter checking in unvaccinated and apparently didn't realize the rules changed 11/8 requiring a test within 24 hours instead of 3 days.

So the couple right in front of me in line is starting to panic. I explain the new rules. He was vaccinated but didn't have any proof with him and didn't have a test within 24 hours.

I am imagining what a nightmare this was going to be for both groups.

Turns out both groups were directed to an ambulance parked right outside the airport where they did a covid test and had the results back within 40 minutes. They were then directed to go to the front of the United check in line and made their flights.

I spoke to one of the guys afterwards. He said, "Yeah I learned a $75 lesson".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom