US Navy Diver Starting Hulling Business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get calls every year from commercial divers looking for work. And I have close friends in the hull cleaning biz who still do hard hat work but know that the boat scrubbing side of their income is their bread and butter. It may not be glamorous, but it bought me a house, put 2 kids through college and I get to go home every night, have a beer or three and watch the game on TV. And I won't be a cripple when I'm 60.

Hey Brother,

I was an EOD Diver. I'm in South Florida. Just starting up my own thing too. Let me know if you wanna connect and share experience.

Cheers-Paul

I get calls every year from commercial divers looking for work. And I have close friends in the hull cleaning biz who still do hard hat work but know that the boat scrubbing side of their income is their bread and butter. It may not be glamorous, but it bought me a house, put 2 kids through college and I get to go home every night, have a beer or three and watch the game on TV. And I won't be a cripple when I'm 60.

I have no doubt when you say that. Crap, if what I was told was even half true on the amount of vessels this guy does. It works out to be a good chunk of change (around here hull guys get 1.00- 2.00 per foot) even after the Great uncle gets his cut. Ive done my fair share of wheel work AND hull duty but not on a regular gig. As for pleasure craft hull scrubbing, nope. Hell commercial diving aint glamorous in the least. unlike others I give respect to those who take responsibility and understand the word integrity. Safety is paramount when things go right. Its when things hit the fan the word responsibility makes its presents known.

as for the cripple part. still great health here and yes, I know some whom you speak.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom