US Divers Second Stage Restoration Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamescjy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,

I am trying to rebuild a couple of US Divers Aquarius second stage, so just a quick couple of questions.

Before i put everything back together again with the service kits, just want to know if the lever and poppet that are currently sitting inside my regs, are they original US Divers parts or Dacor parts?

IMG_20150930_125754.jpg

All three of the seat holder you are showing are US Divers.

I believe that both of the lever styles are also US Divers (but I can double check later). The one with the little plastic bead belongs to newer plastic case second stages. The all metal ones are the original types in the original metal cases. They should be interchangeable and you may find the newer style lever in some of the newer metal case second stages.

From the picture is hard to tell if all the dimensions are the same and it is always possible that a different brand used a very similar looking lever.

The early Dacor lever were very different, but I did not keep up with some of the later models.

As I removed them for cleaning all the levers are of exact same measurements.. I suppose if their height is the same it will not cause difference on breathing performance?

You might want to turn those seats over to get a new surface before re-installing the seats.

SeaRat

yes i changed new seats for them since the old ones seems hardened and i have a few kits ordered from Bryan VDH

Back
Top Bottom