US Divers Pro diver reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WarmWaterDiver:
There are plenty of Aqua Lung first stages still supported and marketed as well, such as the Titan, Cousteau, Legend, etc. If your LDS is a dealer / tech center for AL, they should be able to tell you which models are currently supported.
The truth is, most of the Conshelf series is still perfectly servicable. The same rebuild kits available today work fine for the Conshelf XI, XII, XIV, 20, etc. I would not be suprised if the earlier Conshelf units are also able to be serviced. I would expect that the prodiver is included in that list. The only issue I have seen is running into body parts that need replacing. In that case, the only option is to purchase a parts regulator.

ive got a conshelf se2 that was given to me and i had it serviced in march of this year before i used it. no problems with either the reg or having it serviced.

I think the Conshelf XI is as far back as you can go with parts commonality with the current Conself service kits.

I have seen Conshelf first stages with the caps corroded onto the body of the reg. Liberal soaking, and a 1rst stage tool screwed into an LP or HP port port to hold it from turning in padded vice while you use a large wrench on the other end usually does it. In severe cases, some light to moderate taps on the wrench with a mallet to create a bit of shock while you apply pressure may be needed.

DA Aquamaster:
I think the Conshelf XI is as far back as you can go with parts commonality with the current Conself service kits.

I have seen Conshelf first stages with the caps corroded onto the body of the reg. Liberal soaking, and a 1rst stage tool screwed into an LP or HP port port to hold it from turning in padded vice while you use a large wrench on the other end usually does it. In severe cases, some light to moderate taps on the wrench with a mallet to create a bit of shock while you apply pressure may be needed.

I was under the impression that the Conshelf series was a single hose evolution of the DA Aquamaster doublehose. My parts supplier mentioned(I think) that the same kits I bought were used to rebuild the Aquamaster. If this is true, it stands to reason that there would be a significant parts interchange all the way back to the Conshelf IV. Looking at the pictures on vintagedoublehose.com, they look identical. Am I mistaken in my beliefs?

There has always been a tendencey to use the same parts when possible in newer designs for economny reasons and I think there was also a lot of commonality in overall design of parts in general. So in many cases the parts look generally similar in generally similar designs and/or applications, but the minor differences are what screw you up.

The seat in a DA aquamaster looks a lot like the seat in a current Conshelf kit, in terms of general appearence since it performs a similar function, but if they were the same, people would not be getting upwards of $40-$50 bucks for a DA Aquamaster seat.

I have noticed a lot of evolutionary changes in the Conshelf 11, 12, 14, etc and the farther back you get the greater the differences. The seat carrier in the Conshelf XI for example looks a lot different than the one in the Conshelf XII. They still function identically and use the same o-rings but they are a lot different. In this case, the newer part looks like it was probably a lot cheaper to produce.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom