US based liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CAPTAIN SINBAD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there still US based liveaboards running? There used to be a couple that would go to Dry Tortugas and some on the West Coast to kelp forests. Id love to know if there are any liveaboard boats still running.

Cheers -

CS

I'm leaving on the Dolphin Dream from West Palm on March 11 for a week of diving in Tiger Beach and Bimini Book a Shark Diving live-aboard trip with the Dolphin Dream Team

I did the FL Wreck Trek on the Spree out of Key West in 2015. I would have loved to take it to the Dry Tortugas or Cuba, but @Wookie sold it in 2016:(

The Juliet leaves from Miami much of the year Juliet Sailing and Diving Scuba Liveaboard Dive boat

Channel Islands Expeditions is running the Truth and the Vision Channel Island Expeditions I believe there are others in CA

Fling Charters out of Freeport Texas goes to the Flower Gardens Banks. We are booked for March trip because I wanted to see the Hammer head sharks. Learned from reading the many posts here (using the Search feature) that I have a 30% chance of getting out in Spring/ Fall. Still wanna try. :coffee:

@txdamselfish - Did you make it to the Flower Gardens Bank? Wondering what the LOB is like and how the diving was - water temp, current...?
Thanks!

@Titatom No, I got cold feet. :sharkattack: After watching the Zoo Crew - July 2020 and brandon seibert July/ Aug 2020 videos, I wanted to wait for warmer water and get a couple more dives in at some quarries/ lakes to make the most of the Texas Caribbean - M/V Fling.

Zoo Crew – July 2020 - Platform HI 376 A – Yellow Rig, East Bank Buoy #2, Stetson Bank Buoy #2

Brandon seibert – July 2020 - Platform HI 376 A – Yellow Rig, East Bank Bouy #2, Night Dive EB B2
Another HI376A – Aug 8, 2020

West Bank, Ball 2, Dive 2 – Aug 8, 2020

Brandon – Aug 9, 2020 – Stetson Ball 1, Dive 1

Brandon – Aug 9, 2020 - Stetson Bank, Ball 1, Dive 2

@txdanselfish: Thanks for sharing the videos. Hope you get to dive it someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom