Ursuk dry suits, Heavy light and Kevlar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I already purchased a drysuit that I haven't used and will most likely resell now after hearing about this company. Ursuk. Looking at there suits they look great. What little information that is out there is all positive. I am thinking about purchasing one as i am taking the 6 hour drive to Finland next week. Was wondering if anyone has used the Heavy Light (FZ) or the Heavy Light Kevlar BDC. If so how do they compare? Is the kevlar worth the extra $400? Also who sells these in the US? The US distributor has no information on dealers.

Drysuits are very similar, they keep you dry and vary in materials used. In short they look great and should get the job done. I would have a look at the construction, zippers and seals. If you are happy with those then I see no reason not to buy one. You might also ask them the test dive a suit. Let us know what you think if you go down that route.

The more important item will be thermal gear (undergarment) you require. A drysuit only keeps you dry, you also need something to keep you warm and I believe the water in Finnland is COLD. Make sure you get the right stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom