Urgent.. Liveaboard cancelled — How’s diving in Miami?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't be surprised if the viz isn't that great. Particulates take a long time to settle out after being churned up that much.

How long? Days? Weeks? Months?

Be grateful you’re down here this coming week, because these last few days have been a bummer! I just saw photos of BHB on the Blue Heron Bridge Dive Club Facebook page from yesterday. Extremely low viz still. We dove Horseshoe on Big Pine Key on Saturday. It was about 4-5 feet of visibility. The whole day was a comical cluster. A troup of Boy Scouts descended upon the dive site to go fishing as we pulled up with our tanks. We almost left, but decided to stick it out. Thankfully, a large thunderstorm ran them off, but it also made us question our life decisions, ha. It was an interesting dive. I haven’t felt claustrophobic on a dive for at least the last 150 dives but that one sure did. If it settles down, though, I could see it being fun experience.

I was pretty horrified by the dive shop we got tanks from telling us that there are two beautiful baby angel fish there... that he’s trying to catch for his aquarium. Now, we are reluctant to share what we did see, but I will say this: we saw some fun critters that made it well worth it.

Just arrived in Key Largo. Weather seems to be nice and I’m scheduled to dive this whole week if everything is fine. What did you see? I’m curious

How long? Days? Weeks? Months?

In general, that would rely on a great many variables. Surface runoff, particulate size, overall wave action, underwater vents, length of time of the event. My guess would be a couple of weeks, but I am not that familiar with the area.

Just arrived in Key Largo. Weather seems to be nice and I’m scheduled to dive this whole week if everything is fine. What did you see? I’m curious

According to windy.com, your supposed to have 3' swells (or less) for a while.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom