URGENT - HELP NEEDED! Pelicase for Ikelite System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers,

I am going this saturday to check an Ikelite housing + substrobe 125 but I have one concern. My concern is the size of the Pelicase that will handle the system.

Basically this is the UW system I am envisaging:

- Canon EOS 350D (Rebel XT)
- Ikelite Housing
- Ikelite 125 Strobe + Arm
- 10-22mm lens
- 60mm lens
- 17-85mm lens
- 8"Dome port
- Dome port for 17-85mm lens

I see that normally it is advised the use of a Pelicase 1600. But from the picts, it seems huge and I am also afraid how it will be in the planes with the hand luggage.

Can anyone help me with this? Can anyone give me ideas about how to pack all this stuff? With which case (I definetly want Pelicase)? does it fit in a smaller Peli? Do you have pics of the system in the case?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Nuno

I started out putting everything in a Pelican 1620, weight about 60lbs. Now I have a f.64 camera backpack that carries the minimum I need to shoot either WA or Macro. Everything else goes into a Stormcase which I check. Pelican makes great stuff but it is often 2x as heavy as the Stromcase equivalent.

I would definitely recommend going with the Storm 2720 w/padded dividers of else the Pelican 1610 w/padded dividers. Both are excellent,...but the lighter weight of the Storm is best for traveling. I have switched all my cases to Storm due to their light weight yet extreme durability.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom