upside down pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with me, i'm only 5'4". my bc is size XS. MY main tank is the only think that is on the ground when I set it down. My hoses are all clipped to the BC. I picture my pony installed upside down on a bracket. Pony first stage will be atleast 4" from the bottom of the main tank. I'm paranoid about remaining air in my tanks so I'll have a guage on a hose for the pony since I always check it every 2-3 minutes. Better to notice a drop in pressure on my pony within 3 minutes than to notice it when I need it most. Because it will be behind me, I feel I need the guage to keep an eye on it.

Please tell us more about that. I never heard about upside down and moisture. What about an argon setup. It is upside down. I guess I need more info. Thanks

Mitchell:
Please tell us more about that. I never heard about upside down and moisture. What about an argon setup. It is upside down. I guess I need more info. Thanks
Scuba valves have a dip tube that comes out of the valve located inside of your tank
that is a few inches long. If water should have gotten into your tank by some means and your tank is upside down, it would cause water to enter your regulator. In theory, the dip tube would prevent water from entering the valve as it would take several inches of water in the tank to reach the end of the dip tube. Most valves were manufactured with such tubes, although they sometimes are removed. If your tank starts to rattle, the dip tube fell out of the valve. Reinstall it. Normally this is a non- issue as most tanks have dip tubes and if properly taken care of and filled with dehumidified air, no moisture will enter the tank. Same theory on the Argon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom