Upper Keys reef conditions today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
First stop davis reef 2-3 ft gentle swells 50-60 ft viz, fish everywhere, next stop hens and chickens seas flat viz a decent 30 feet for an inner reef.
Turtles, turtles everywhere, plenty of fish, nice coral formations but unfortunately this reef sees alot of wear and tear, nice size grouper stingray and a nice size crab about a foot Name? escapes me right now.

While motoring from alligator to hens and chicken saw a boat on the bottom of the sand about 30ft long and in 21 ft of water, we anchored and snorkeled down great condition and alot of little fish, dont know if this is on the maps i didnt see marked on my gps so i entered the coords.

Sounds like you had a good day to dive, and a good time doing it. Cold and rainy here in Texas today. I gotta get back to the reefs!
Tom

That does sound like it was a good dive day! What are the temps ranging out there now?

It was 73f at 20 feet

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom