UPPER KEYS DIVING, pics, friday, 10/9/15,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
excellent topside conditions offshore key largo today; light winds, calm seas and bright sunshine. elected to stay close to the dock as engine issues were addressed and needed a trial run. a double on MOLASSES reef deep as inner buoys were somewhat crowded early. M28, M27: minimal reverse current switching to light northerly,
blue/green visibility 40-50FT, temp 85F @ 40-95FT. nice leisurely dives. pics provided by TIMG,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• dm1.jpg
    dm1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 117
  • dm2.jpg
    dm2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 107
  • dm3.jpg
    dm3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 100
  • dm4.jpg
    dm4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 104
  • dm5.jpg
    dm5.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 97
  • dm6.jpg
    dm6.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 96
  • dm7.jpg
    dm7.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 92
  • dm8.jpg
    dm8.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 89
  • dm9.jpg
    dm9.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 92
  • dm10.jpg
    dm10.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 93
  • dm11.jpg
    dm11.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 92
  • dm12.jpg
    dm12.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 96
  • dm13.jpg
    dm13.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 99
  • dm14.jpg
    dm14.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 110
I really enjoy your posts and Tim's beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous....we went out on Thursday in Jupiter and didn't even get to do one dive. The dive master jumped in at three reefs and there was zero viz at 90'. The wave action has been unbelievable. Great for surfing but not for diving. Ugh! The viz is still bad and JDC isn't going out tomorrow. Sounds like a trip to the Keys is in order!

I really enjoy your posts and Tim's beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous....we went out on Thursday in Jupiter and didn't even get to do one dive. The dive master jumped in at three reefs and there was zero viz at 90'. The wave action has been unbelievable. Great for surfing but not for diving. Ugh! The viz is still bad and JDC isn't going out tomorrow. Sounds like a trip to the Keys is in order!

thanks for the kind words! visibility in the keys has overall been below average for nearly 2 months(25-60FT on the outer reefs/wrecks, green more than blue water). unusual in that topside conditions have been stellar, light winds/calm seas. BTW I heard 40-70+ on the reef/wrecks today,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Glad to hear the mechanical problems seem to be in check - no fun :depressed: It's so nice to see your reports again...love to hear all about your adventures!

Really love the Trigger pic Tim :D

Thank you islanddream.

---------- Post added October 11th, 2015 at 06:43 PM ----------

Glad to hear the mechanical problems seem to be in check - no fun :depressed: It's so nice to see your reports again...love to hear all about your adventures!

Really love the Trigger pic Tim :D

Thank you CajunDiva. The triggerfish was very shy, took a while to get close. I have not seen the queen trigger here much, so that made my day!

excellent photos thanks for sharing....shore diving with great ocean conditions this weekend in LBTS was great.

Your reports and Tim's pictures are a great documentary of Key Largo diving! Thanks to both of you for sharing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom