Uploading files from thread(not working)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My problem is with OS X 10.10.2 and FireFox 35.0.1. Same thing on my iPad.The dialog box comes up but the select files button doesn't do anything. I just click on basic uploader and it works going that way.

The regular uploader uses flash, and may have issues with some devices and browsers. vBulletin had removed the flash uploader for some time as there was a security vulnerability in the YUI source for the .swf uploader. It has since been reactivated.

I can disable it all together, and force everyone to use the basic uploader, but since the flash uploader works fine in Chrome on Windows and other browsers, then why disable something that works for the majority?

Unfortunately for you with OS X Yosemite, it doesn't work with FF, Chrome, or Safari, and you'll have to use the basic uploader for everything.

No success under Windows 7 & Chrome. The button tabs also aren't visible on the basic uploader, but I know what/where to click....

No success under Windows 7 & Chrome. The button tabs also aren't visible on the basic uploader, but I know what/where to click....

I tested using Windows 7 and Chrome and saw no issues.

-----------

As far as I'm concerned, I'm closing this case. There's nothing I can do here, as the issue is how certain browsers treat flash objects, and not the functionality of scubaboard. The solution to the problem is to click "BASIC UPLOADER"

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
The regular uploader uses flash, and may have issues with some devices and browsers. vBulletin had removed the flash uploader for some time as there was a security vulnerability in the YUI source for the .swf uploader. It has since been reactivated.

I can disable it all together, and force everyone to use the basic uploader, but since the flash uploader works fine in Chrome on Windows and other browsers, then why disable something that works for the majority?

Unfortunately for you with OS X Yosemite, it doesn't work with FF, Chrome, or Safari, and you'll have to use the basic uploader for everything.

No problem, it works and I wasn't complaining. I was just confirming the problems others had and the work around.

I've been having this problem with Win-7 and Firefox, now FF-36, having to use the Basic Uploader. I thought my Flashblock might be the issue but I whitelisted Scubaboard there - no Flashbock, but still can't get a reaction from the Select Files button.

I then tried from Chrome: same issue.

Windows 7 - Firefox Version 36. Test.
chart1.jpg

logo2.png

OS X - Yosemite - Firefox Ver. 36 Test

It appears as though the firewall was actively blocking some of the third party content which was required for the advanced uploader. I tested in the above posts from the versions listed (including my previous Win 8.1 - Chome test.)

Thnx it is working now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom