Upgrade your Photon Torpedo and Salvo Rat.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtivat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
UnderWater Kinetics has now upgraded their UK SL4 eLed modules to about three times the brightness with the same runtime. I contacted them and they did verify they made upgrades but would not elaborate. They must be using Cree or Seoul LED's now. The unit was rated at 38 lumens and is now rated at 116 lumens with a 10 to 12 hour burn time. Looks like they also upgraded the Q40 eLed as it is up from 42 lumens to 67 lumens.

So I wonder if new Rat's and PT's will be shipping with these new modules?

Has anyone picked up any of the new modules? I noticed that the module number is listed on the underwater kinetics website: www.underwaterkinetics.com
Module part # 0032705 80504 8

It looks like a nice upgrade, although the current modules do work well.

Has anyone picked up any of the new modules? I noticed that the module number is listed on the underwater kinetics website: www.underwaterkinetics.com
Module part # 0032705 80504 8

It looks like a nice upgrade, although the current modules do work well.

I have some on order and will let you know how they are once they arrive.

Thanks for the update. I am curious to see what the difference is.

Received the units today. They look the same except the board the positive contact is on is black instead of green. The units hot spot appears about twice as bright to my eyes with a little bigger hot spot. In all it is a nice upgrade. The module is only about $10 cheaper retail than the whole light. I had my LDS order it for me.

JT

Received the units today. They look the same except the board the positive contact is on is black instead of green. The units hot spot appears about twice as bright to my eyes with a little bigger hot spot. In all it is a nice upgrade. The module is only about $10 cheaper retail than the whole light. I had my LDS order it for me.

JT

How much is that, then?

Any idea if the heat output is comparable to the old modules? I'd hate to melt/warp a pricey Photon Torpedo or Scout!

How much is that, then?

Any idea if the heat output is comparable to the old modules? I'd hate to melt/warp a pricey Photon Torpedo or Scout!

I think list is $89 but you can get them on-line for $58ish. I think they just upgraded to a cree LED so heat should not be an issue.

I think list is $89 but you can get them on-line for $58ish. I think they just upgraded to a cree LED so heat should not be an issue.

Do these new SL4 eLED's drop in to an old Photon Torpedo same as a Scout? (still have to tape up the batteries and flip the polarity?)

I have a spare PT (old non-LED version) and I'm debating the worth of bringing it up to LED.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom