Upgrade from Cressi Leonard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disal

Registered
Reaction score
I have the Cressi Leonard. It does the job for depth, temp and deco. It is cumbersome to transfer data to phone. I’m in need of an upgrade.

I’d like to have one that is easy to transfer log to iphone app wirelessly. Has gps, smart enough to suggest dive site, is it possible? Do I need AI or SPG is fine? I do air now but would like to get Nitrox cert later

I just bought all new gears that are all Scubapro. I heard if I buy a Scubapro computer in the same year as I bought the gears they will do servicing reg for free lifetime. Should I go for a Scubapro comp or the Shearwater? Thanks

I had a Leonardo first aswell..
Then I upgraded to a perdix AI.
Best decision ever! Great computer. But expensive..

Shearwater and Scubapro both make good computers, if you can try out the menus with both and see which one is easier for you to use and set properly.

I just bought all new gears that are all Scubapro. I heard if I buy a Scubapro computer in the same year as I bought the gears they will do servicing reg for free lifetime.

Really? Any link?

I have seen about a dozen scubapor computers disappear from one boat in favour of the Peredix and Teric

I heard if I buy a Scubapro computer in the same year as I bought the gears they will do servicing reg for free lifetime.

Neither scubapor nor the dive shop can guarantee this.

Both scubapor and diveshops have broken with no recourse these promises (contracts) before and will do again

I’d like to have one that is easy to transfer log to iphone app wirelessly. Has gps, smart enough to suggest dive site, is it possible? Do I need AI or SPG is fine? I do air now but would like to get Nitrox cert later
. There aren’t a ton of DCs that include GPS. Garmin Descent is one that comes to mind. IMO, it’s not entirely needed for the log. I use a Shearwater Perdix AI, and download dives via BT to my phone. I primarily log using Subsurface. The Perdix doesn’t have GPS, but as long as I am still at the dive site, Subsurface has an option to use the phone’s GPS location.

I just bought all new gears that are all Scubapro. I heard if I buy a Scubapro computer in the same year as I bought the gears they will do servicing reg for free lifetime. Should I go for a Scubapro comp or the Shearwater? Thanks
I’d want to see that in writing. That sounds like something the dive shop told you to get you to buy a computer from them. Several brands cover parts for life, but service isn’t free as labor is charged. And that parts coverage has nothing to do with buying a computer.

I have the Cressi Leonard. It does the job for depth, temp and deco. It is cumbersome to transfer data to phone. I’m in need of an upgrade.

Perhaps we should start a poll for reasons to upgrade to a birdix. I nominate this one FTW.

Go for the Shearwater Perdix. Bear in mind, the Scubapro 2G/G2 strap is flimsy. Ask yourself whether you can afford to lose it. Dive shops can see vulnerable people coming a mile away.

I decided to go from my Leonardo to the Deep 6 Excursion, also made the Excursion the default 1st DC for my kids as they graduate to having their own DC. First two kids got the Leonardo, #3 got a Tusa (same model that my wife already has), #4 got th D6 like mine. #5 will also get a D6 in a few years. My Leonardo is now my backup DC. I wasn't interested in AI so the D6 made the most practical and economical sense. Same algorithm as the Shearwater, but just a basic DC which suits our needs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom