Updated UDT Duckfeet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The other day, I was websurfing and ran across pictures of what appeared to be the Voit UDT Duckfeet fins, but updated. They were translucent in several colors. They also had the Force Fin logo imprinted on them. I went to the Force Fin website and did not find them. Has anyone else seen these or know anything about them? For the life of me, I can't recall the website where I saw them. I've always thought it would be a great idea if someone took the Duckfeet and updated them. Maybe, someone finally has. If you know anything, pass it on...

The other day, I was websurfing and ran across pictures of what appeared to be the Voit UDT Duckfeet fins, but updated. They were translucent in several colors. They also had the Force Fin logo imprinted on them. I went to the Force Fin website and did not find them. Has anyone else seen these or know anything about them? For the life of me, I can't recall the website where I saw them. I've always thought it would be a great idea if someone took the Duckfeet and updated them. Maybe, someone finally has. If you know anything, pass it on...

Bob shows up regular and is even a good sport at getting bashed. I think that Force Fins may be developing these fins but not sure, there have been rumors, perhaps what you saw were prototypes. I would love a pair but have not decided what organ I should sell on ebay to get the fee.

Meanwhile there are several places you can get real Duck Feet UDTs on the web, made in USA, including www.vintagescubasupply.com .

N

Mr. Evans briefly mentioned that he was working on a UDT fin back in September. You can read it here-->http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3799684-post27.html

I've been checking the Force Fin site and the FF forum here regularly, hoping he's got it finished, but nothing yet.:depressed:

I grew-up with Duck Feet and would love to see what he can do with them.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the FF materials are a good fit for duck feet. I read the thread and saw the progress. I think the problem is the duck foot is based on the material of the fin being stretchy enough to serve as strap material as well and being a super tight fit.

If Bob makes the design work though, I'm sure we'll all know. I thought he had mentioned a jet style prototype as well that really made my ears perk up.

I have been talking to Bob about this concept. Yes, Bob is working on a UDT ForceFin. Yes, there are real problems with the material in terms of forming the heel strap. Its kind of a side project for him as he started at the request of a freind. Since it is a side project he is not focusing any real effort into it and there are some early prototype issues that you are hearing about. right now, it is no where near a production fin and you won't find it on the website. Even if he gets the kinks worked out, there is no garuntee that it will become a production fin, so it will likely be a specialty item that will be produced as they are ordered and maybe somewhat expensive for this reason.

If you really like the UDT fins, ForceFin already has a fin that is very, very similar to it in feel and propulsion. It was actually prototyped, tested, and delievered at the request of a group of Seals in SanDeigo, which lead to its name, the SD-1 Military. you can read some reviews of it over on the ForceFin forum and here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom