Updated info on Maumere diving or hotels?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlos Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking into a possible liveaboard in September that would depart from Maumere. Everything searched on here turns up info pre-covid on the area.

Anyone have any recent experiences (or even older) with hotels or dive centers in the area?

Thanks

Looking into a possible liveaboard in September that would depart from Maumere. Everything searched on here turns up info pre-covid on the area.

Anyone have any recent experiences (or even older) with hotels or dive centers in the area?

Thanks
i was here some year before covid.. unfortunately for a week in the sea world beach resort, the diving was well below expectations and explosions could be heard during it... the reef bore the signs of dynamite fishing... after two days I stopped diving....
I came from Alor... maybe it has changed in all these years... I definitely don't recommend SeaWorld and their diving center... :wink:

i was here some year before covid.. unfortunately for a week in the sea world beach resort, the diving was well below expectations and explosions could be heard during it... the reef bore the signs of dynamite fishing... after two days I stopped diving....
I came from Alor... maybe it has changed in all these years... I definitely don't recommend SeaWorld and their diving center... :wink:
We had the complete oppsite experience in 2022. While you still could feel that not everything was back to normal due to Covid, we had a nice stay and some good dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom