Question Update Teric Owner Info from app?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I got new Terics. Entering the Owner Info is tedious if you do it from the Teric itself. LOTS of button pushes.

Mine arrived with firmware v23. I connected to the Shearwater Cloud app on my iPhone and learned that f/w 30 was available, so I updated them both.

While connected, I also looked for a way to type in my owner info in the app, to have it sync that into the Teric. I could not find a way to do that.

Is there a way to do that?

Sadly, the Shearwater app is pure garbage. It honestly needs to be redesigned from top to bottom by divers, for divers.

After you connected the app with your Teric there is no Customize butten? When I connect the app with my Perdix I see that Customize button. Have no Teric to verify, sorry.

After you connected the app with your Teric there is no Customize butten? When I connect the app with my Perdix I see that Customize button. Have no Teric to verify, sorry.

Yes, there is a Customize button. All it does is let me change the name of the Teric that is displayed within the app. I have two Terics. Using the Customize, I can now tell which is which when I'm viewing my list of devices in the app.

It does not give me a way to update Owner Info on the Teric itself. At least, as far as I could figure out. I may be too dense. Thus why I asked here. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom