Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silly question maybe but I assume you have to be local to participate? My wife fits the criteria.

So basically if your usual worry is whether to pee in your wetsuit or hold it till the SI, you're safe? :D

Am I right in thinking the incidence rate of ipe is increasing and if so is there any indication as to why, maybe lower fitness levels?
IPE seems to affect some very fit people, and I don't recall seeing lack of fitness listed among the known risk factors. It's possible there are actually more cases than there were before, not just more people being diagnosed, but I doubt that's the reason.

Silly question maybe but I assume you have to be local to participate? My wife fits the criteria.

Not at all, Dr. Moon has people coming in from the UK. Please feel free to contact him.

Best regards,
DDM

Am I right in thinking the incidence rate of ipe is increasing and if so is there any indication as to why, maybe lower fitness levels?

I think it's like @dmaziuk suggested. It was only formally described in the late 1990s, so I think that awareness about it is increasing.

Best regards,
DDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom