Update on Ft. Pickens at Pensalcola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meigs3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I spoke to the Professional Engineer with the engineering firm who has the contract to design/build the road into Ft. Pickens. The National Park Service will receive the plans in June and then make a decision as to what to do. That may include having to go to Congress to get the funds appropriated. It will be next summer before there is a road. A ferry has been ruled out.

What size engine is Miss Jellyfish sporting? What is the deal with Ft Pickens? I am guessing it is a dive site, but what makes it worth abusing MJ?

Ft Pickens has a jetty dive into the channel that also sports some military garbage. Lots of fish and generally decent visibility for a shore dive.

Miss Jelly hauls along with a 9.8hp Tohatsu of Doom!

Dos, and smokes like one too.

I was thinking about getting a boat similar to yours. My friend has a nice one with the fiberglass bottom and the inflated pontoons. Where do you take yours? Does it ever see salt water?

My vision of my dive setup, is this. Since I will be buying a Wrangler, it wont have much safe storage. A utility/cargo trailer, nothing obnoxious, 6x8 or something. Set up inside for diving. Rack for tanks, hangers for suits, spot for the rinse tub for the gear. A bench to change on. Of course, all would be able to be removed, if I needed to use the trailer for something else. It would serve a changing and storage. A place to keep my dog while diving. If I had a boat like yours, it could be delfated and stored in the trailer. With a brace to hold the motor.

Of course, at the moment, it is all fantasy.

You don't know what the Oriskany is? it's an 800+ foot aircraft carrier being sunk as a reef in May off the coast of Pensacola.

Yep... he knows. I told him I'd buy the gas and beer :)

how'd you like to dive on this when it's sunk?

img2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom