Upcoming Regs 2010?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eliminator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any juicy details on 2010 regs? With DEMA coming up, there has to be some rumors out there. In particular, looking for Apeks, Atomic, Scubapro

I know regs are pretty straight forward, but theres always ways to make them abit better with technology, and I'm not talking about first stage microchips or dry valve technology....

....the only new regs I've heard of lately are an Atomic M5 I believe...and the travel friendly Apeks 'Flight'...and the recent Scubapro A700. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary in regs...especially given the global recession/depression......probably will see modest upgrades (ie MIFLEX hoses becoming more and more 'standard') ...honestly, while materials may evolve (Mares CARBON), I think it's safe to say reg performance improvements are very gradual/evolutionary....witness how little Atomics have changed over the years, and there is absolutely no design difference between the lowly Z2 versus the very expensive T2 regs, the only difference is styling/materials. The basic Scubapro 1st-stage (piston MK 25) has very slowly evolved over the decades too, and it is probable the MK25 has pretty much the same performance as an 'old' MK10 1st-stage. I think things like dive computers and lights are probably showing more rapid evolution these days than regs are.

M5....like an update to the M1? (just wondering since the M1 is on my short list)

It's a James Bond thing...

I believe Sherwood is going to have a major change in its mid and lower end line....along the lines of the SR1

Back
Top Bottom