Upcoming Maui Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionessa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm attending a wedding in Maui in June. I am a certified diver whose bringing along three referral divers. Ideally, they want to do a beach dive for skills on June 23 and then I would join them for their last checkout dives on the 24th as well as an extra day fun diving on the 25th. I've been having a hard time finding shops that do this and fit the schedule. We are staying near Kihei so i have already talked to scubashack, scubagods, and some others. Do they have to do all the checkout dives with the same instructor/shop? What other options do we have?

Thanks in Advance

I think Maui Dreams is mainly a shore diving operation... Maybe Shaka Doug could help you out... he's probably the most flexible... Welcome to SHAKA DIVERS Web Site! Maybe you could ask Brad @ B&B but they primarily do boat diving...see my link below...

Have a great trip!

Sean

I'd love to take you diving, and I'm available those three days! I've sent you a private message with more details and contact info.

-kb

I would also recommend ShakaDivers. Shaka Doug is here on Scubaboard if you want to drop him a line. My sons did their checkout dives with him a few years ago and had a great experience. We continue to dive with him when we return to Maui simply because we always have a great time. He dives out of Kihei and does mostly shore dives on South Maui. He has always been super flexible and willing to work with our schedule.

For boat dives, I would also recommend B&B Scuba. We have dove with them numerous times as well. They are very safety conscious and always have several divemasters in the water. They break down the divers into different groups based on their experience. They leave out of the Kihei boat ramp at 0545, so are usually one of the first, if not the first boat out, hitting Molokini before it begins to get crowded.

I did a short trip review of diving with both B&B and ShakaDivers in March. You can read it here: Maui Diving Review

You really can't miss with either of these operators. Have fun on your trip and safe diving.

Steve

Do they have to do all the checkout dives with the same instructor/shop?
In the past we have had people do two of their referral dives with us, on Oahu, and then finish off on the next island they travel to, so yes you are able to split up your dives.

Stick with either a dive shop like B&B or Shaka Doug. There are others who do things under the table on Maui who are pretty new and you don't need to be training instructors :)

Stick with either a dive shop like B&B or Shaka Doug. There are others who do things under the table on Maui who are pretty new and you don't need to be training instructors :)
While some people don't like the way I do business (mostly because I'm not doing *business*), that doesn't change the fact that the level of customer service provided is extremely high, my schedule flexible and the personal attention second to none.

Also in the FWIW category: I'll have the teaching experience to be a PADI Master Instructor by the end of the year. Not a level many bother to make it to...

I'm sure we could talk stink about several of the dive ops on-island, including those mentioned, but I'm not in the mood.

There are many choices to pick from and you could do all 4 dives with them and still have lots of FUN on every dive so why not come both days and get refresher and GET WET 2 MORE TIMES..
Take look and Give Me a call if Interested.
Aloha Mark.

I'm sure we could talk stink about several of the dive ops on-island, including those mentioned, but I'm not in the mood.

Kris, I have been enjoying the détente, so let's stick with it! I hope you are having a nice summer!

Sean

Back
Top Bottom