Upcoming Classes: Intro to Tech/Tech Level 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I already posted this, however let me break it into these two courses:

Intro to Tech: 8/9/10 February

Feb 8: Early afternoon till late Academics
Feb 9: Confined Water/Open Water/Academics/Video Review (long day, 0800-8pm)
Feb 10: Open Water Dives/Test/Video Review

Intro to Technical Diving Description: This course is designed to give the open water or advanced diver an opportunity to improve their skills, knowledge and equipment configuration, thereby increasing their safety and efficiency. The Course is also intended to prepare the advanced diver for the rigors of technical diver training.

Prerequisites: Nitrox certified/25 dives + 5 dives on Nitrox.
Price: $219 for Scuba Board Members

1 slot left

Technical Diver Level I: 10-14 February

Feb 10 Academics/Checkout Dives
Feb 11 Open Water Dives/Academics/Video Review
Feb 12 Open Water Dives/Academics/Video Review
Feb 13 Open Water Dives/Academics/Video Review
Feb 14 Open Water Dives/Test

Description: The Technical Diver Course is the first step into the world of technical and decompression diving. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive the following certifications:

· NAUI Technical Nitrox

· NAUI Decompression Procedures

· NAUI Helitrox

NAUI Technical Nitrox:

This portion of the Technical Diver Cluster is to provide the EANx certified diver with the skills and knowledge needed to minimize the risks of utilizing optimal breathing gas EANx mixtures of 28% trhough 100% (oxygen) for dives to a maximum training depth of 130 fsw not requiring mandatory decompression.

NAUI Decompression Procedures:

This portion of the Technical Diver Cluster is to provide the diver with a working knowledge of the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving. As a part of the course students will plan and conduct a standard stage decompression dive not exceeding a maximum depth of 130 fsw. Equipment requirements, team requirements, and NTEC configurations , decompression breathing gas mixtures and decompression techniques are to be presented.

NAUI Helitrox

This portion of the Technical Diver Cluster is to provide the training and experience necessary to gain the knowledge and understand the hazards of utilizing helium for dives to a maximum depth of 150 fsw that may require stage decompression, utilizing EANx mixtures and/or oxygen during decompression.

Pre-Reqs: 100 dives. Deep Certification or equivilant, Nitrox certification or equivilant. NAUI Master Scuba Diver or equivilant. Come see me about equivilancy reqs.

Price: $599.00 for Scuba Board Members. Does not include gas fills (I am very fair on gas pricing, just ask my previous students), and/or charter fees if applicable.

2 slots left

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom