Unusually good air fare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi carrj142 and welcome to SB. I don't know what that's about? I don't see anything deceptive now that they are already forced to quote fares including taxes and fees to shoppers. I don't like some of their route competition fares and luggage fees, but they don't hide anything.

Mr. MENENDEZ introduced the following bill; which was read twice and
referred to the Committee on…...

I saw a report (on TV) about this bill a couple weeks ago and from what I understood from the report it would "roll back" some of the requirements that are now in place that the airlines don't like (but benefit us) and once again make it easier for the airlines to tack on extra charges but mostly for the government (mainly the TSA) to add or increase fees more easily.

I also believe the report said this bill would allow the airlines to "not" to have to report (or break out) those taxes and fees like they have to do now (which the airlines never liked because it cost them a ton to keep their web sites up to date). Don't we all remember what it used to be like trying to compare apples to apples during our trip searches before they had to post the totals while we searched.

From listening to the report it was more than insinuated that the airline lobbyists were the moving force behind this bill and as we all know, when the lobbyists are involved that usually doesn't bode to well paying public.

To the naysayers, why would Menendez introduce a "new" bill to change something that is now working just fine unless it is to hide more government fees and increases in taxes that they don't want the paying public to know about (or at least dig deeper into) ?

Don't shoot the messenger but this TV reports explanation makes more sense than thinking they are just looking out for the little guy. My opinion is, if it isn't broke don't fix it..:shakehead:

Airline pricing is so odd. I recently booked a July airfare from upstate NY (Albany) to Cozumel via Atlanta for $480. If I had booked just from Atlanta to Cozumel the cost would have been $611.

Don't I know it. I've never flown the nonstop from here (ATL) to Cozumel because Delta never discounts that route. We fly to Cancun.

I just came across an excellent air fare (and so booked it.) mid June departure to early July return. It is one of the lowest fares I have EVER seen to Cozumel from my home airport. $508 CANADIAN (all taxes in) return from Regina to Cozumel on United. I overnight in Chicago on the way down but return to Canada in one day. It was actually cheaper going this route than flying into Cancun (even before all the bus/ferry fees) by a few hundred dollars. It's about half the price we pay to come down in the winter!

Im booked for next feb (4 weeks) Saskatoon/Minneapolis/Cozumel - 8 hours travel time - $660 CDN taxes included with Delta.

Im booked for next feb (4 weeks) Saskatoon/Minneapolis/Cozumel - 8 hours travel time - $660 CDN taxes included with Delta.
:thumb: It beats what I can get from my part of Texas.

I just booked Newark to Cozumel in Oct for $431 for my grandson and I,also got an A/I deal at Hotel Cozumel for $64 dollars a night using 20% off coupons. Will be the first time my 10 old grandson visits Coz.

I just booked Newark to Cozumel in Oct for $431 for my grandson and I,also got an A/I deal at Hotel Cozumel for $64 dollars a night using 20% off coupons. Will be the first time my 10 old grandson visits Coz.
Sweet! :thumb: So where can I find this magical coupon?! :D

While I am asking, where did you find an AI rate for $80 before discount...?! :eyebrow:

Hi Don,
Cheap tickets has a 20% coupon that is only good for a few more days and I had an old 25$ voucher to use up. The kid is free as he is under 11 which was nice. Tried a mock booking yesterday and looks like a single traveler choosing A/I option would run $74 dollars a night,still a great price. I usually check flyertalk.com daily as they always have a current list of discounts for most major chains and also mistake prices. Just go to miles and points and click on hotels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom