Unsealed Apeks 1st Stage Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiverMark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I believe its a UAT or UST or something like that. Its unsealed. Is there a kit or way to seal is as I live in NJ and we have cold water.

Why did you post this in the Zeagle forum? Hmmm. Perhaps the first stage you have is one of the old Zeagle re-branded Apeks regs.

Looking at the parts diagrams, it's clearly possible to "upgrade" the unsealed UST to a DST. You simply take out 2 parts (spring adjuster #AP1474 and diaphragm cap #AP1485). The spring adjuster can be re-used. Then install the following parts:
  • Diaphragm clamp (DS4) #AP1473
  • Spring adjuster #AP1474
  • Hydrostatic transmitter #AP1483
  • Hydrostatic diaphragm #AP1482
  • Environmental cap #AP1484
I'm not aware of a Dry Conversion Kit that contains all of the above parts.
FYI, the hydrostatic diaphragm is included in an Apeks first stage overhaul kit.
While the first stage is apart, you might as well get it completely overhauled.
Any Apeks/Aqualung/Suunto dealer should be able to order these parts for you.
Any competent tech that works on Apeks regs should be able to do the installation for you.

Once you add up the cost of all of these parts, it might make more sense just to sell the UST and buy a used DS4 reg in good condition to replace it. That's probably what I'd do.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
Well yea zeagle is apeks that y I posted it here lol. I didn't see an Apeks forums. Thanks for the info though!

But my 1st stage has an A on it and I was told it was Apeks by my LDS where I bought it

As Bubletrouble posted a UST can be converted to a DST but it most likely will not be cost effective.
Unsealed it is still good to at least the low 40's.

My UST has a rotating lp turret
@NJDiverMark: You're absolutely correct. The UST has a rotating turret (that's what the "T" stands for, I think). Sorry for any confusion that last post may have caused. I deleted it. Apologies to Fishpie.

Apeks reg manuals and can be freely downloaded at the Frogkick website. It's an amazing resource. Enjoy.

Zeagle is NOT Apeks, or vice versa. That relationship was severed MANY years ago. Zeagle is Zeagle only.

While the relationship was severed several years ago, it's still true there are a lot Apek/Zeagle regs around. The marriage might have ended but the kids are still around and the families still have to see each other even if they don't like it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom