Unknown & Heroin Aug-19-2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We need to petition the mods to establish a "Hey RIOceanographer, what's this...?" forum. I'm pretty darn sure it will get a hell of a lot of traffic.

Yup, a rock gunnel. That was the guy all right. Cool little fella. Thanks.

Official Post #1 of the "Hey RIO, WT...?" forum. Cool.

RIOceanographer:
When we arrived on site, another boat was already hooked into the Heroine and they let us tie off their stern. Big thanks to them for that! They were doing a surface interval because they'd just done a deeper dive someplace else, so we went down ahead of them. Well after our dive we were all chatting about how great the dive was, and they came out of the water talking about how much this site "sucks". So I say, "I don't know, I really like it." They all look at me like I am nuts and one of them says something to the effect of "We'll have to show you some real wrecks" like the only way I could have enjoyed the site was if I didn't know any better.... just goes to that show tastes vary.... :D

Who's dissing the Heroine?:huh: That's a neat dive, especialy if the vis is decent and there are Tog around! Granted, it's not the Bass or the U-boat, but it's still a good typical NE wreckdive at a comfortable depth. Glad to here you enjoyed it. From your pics I see that you found one of the resident Conger Eels. There were at least two of them in the bow earlier this spring.

Have you ever checked out the Mary Arnold and/or the Progress? They are not far from the Heroine. Either of those usually have good visibility. It's a 50 to 60fsw dive with many photo ops.

Regards,
Dennis

wreckedinri:
Have you ever checked out the Mary Arnold and/or the Progress? They are not far from the Heroine. Either of those usually have good visibility. It's a 50 to 60fsw dive with many photo ops.

I have not done the Progress, but I have done the Mary Arnold. I liked it, and it was loaded with critters when I was on it last year.

Did you get out diving Saturday off of RI? Sea conditions were perfect. While we were out there we heard someone trying the hail the Cetacea on the radio, which I seem to recall from some of your other posts is the name of your boat.

And that photo was one of several congers I saw on the wreck, but most of the rest of them were less cooperative about posing for the camera. The other wreck was also loaded with them.

paulthenurse:
Yup, a rock gunnel. That was the guy all right. Cool little fella. Thanks.

Glad I could help! :D

RIOceanographer:
Did you get out diving Saturday off of RI? Sea conditions were perfect. While we were out there we heard someone trying the hail the Cetacea on the radio, which seem to I recall from some of your other posts is the name of your boat.

Chris,
No, I was not in RI on Saturday, and yes, that is the name of my boat. We went back to Marshfield and I finally got to dive the Winsor. After trying to find and dive her nearly half a dozen times, it became a mission to dive the wreck. It's just the remnants of a wooden Schooner Barge, but it is a pretty dive. The conditions in CC bay were much better than last week. None of the crew fed the fish this weekend!:D

We may try to get out to the U-boat this weekend. If we do go, it will be very early to beat the crowds.

Dennis

Finally gave into IE in order to view these pics. Are you guys getting into Macro mode at any time?

I have to say I am most impressed with the resolution of those pics. You guys are running into magazine material. Incredibal little shots. Get the right angle and you may have a prize winner. I'de consider looking thru all your pics and submitting a few to the magazines. I realy like them. They are nice and clear.

Chris

ScubaSarus:
Are you guys getting into Macro mode at any time?

Definitely. I shot both the Northern Red Anemone and the Conger using the macro setting.

Did someone say "feeding the fish"?:l: :l: :l: :l: :l:

Lobsta:l: Man

Back
Top Bottom