University Student need help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Yup.. and let me add that having someone else ask tough questions makes you think very critically about the subject matter and really gets you to sort it out in your head in a way that you understand, which regular studying is almost incapable of.
And there is where an efficient learning group comes into the play. :wink:

jonnythan:
Yup.. and let me add that having someone else ask tough questions makes you think very critically about the subject matter and really gets you to sort it out in your head in a way that you understand, which regular studying is almost incapable of.

Couldn't have said it better myself, buddy! From my own experiences in college and other schooling, the classes I learned the most from were the ones where I had a few folks who gathered within a few hours of the class and we'd do round robin Q/A or scenerios depending on the class) to reinforce what we had just covered that day.

aquaoren:
And there is where an efficient learning group comes into the play. :wink:

In't that the truth. The poor communicators are the worst to have in the group to..

So are you having troubles with learning the concepts or having trouble taking the exams? Two very different hings. I work to understand the concepts and I might know them backwards, but put me in an exam environment and I won't do so well.

My method was to write summaries of my notes. I would condense my actual notes down by about 2/3rds and then review using the condensed notes. Also if I didn't understand on the rewrite I could go and ask for clarification. In addition to this do the suggested "self assessment" questions you are set and which are usually optional and also do the practice exams.

You don't have to be an A student to do well...I wasn't and I did alright :) But you do need the right attitude and as you asked for help...I think you have that sorted.

Good luck

Hey for those who are having the same problems as me and reading this. There is the website that a really good search engine for answering your questions. It like a dictionary and also connects you with related terms and scientific papers.

www.answers.com

Btw thank you to everyone who have continued to write suggestions for me to use. Got another midterm coming up. Wish me luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom