Unique Sports Aruba and S.E. Divers (Fly 'n Dive)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djshaw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On 29 August 2015, I traveled to Aruba with my family, 12 of us in all. I am a regular diver and own all of my own equipment. The members of my family are occasional divers who were planning to rent equipment. I arranged with S. E. Divers to dive recreationally from Sunday 30 August through Friday 4 September 2015, for a 12 dive package. Other members of my family had arranged 4 or 6 dives with them later in the week. I had emailed with the dive shop to arrange the bookings and pickup times. I had indicated that I might want to dive the day that I flew in, but I'd contact them if and only if I wanted to dive when I arrive.

On the morning of Sunday 30 August, I arrived at the appointed pickup place and time. S. E. Aruba (Fly 'n Dive) did not arrive. After waiting 15 minutes for them, I found a phone and called. They told me that they had no boats in the water, and no dive masters available. As a serious diver, I could not have been more disappointed.

I arranged dives with an alternate shop, Unique Sports Aruba. They got me on a Sunday afternoon charter. My entire family cancelled their plans with S. E. Aruba and arranged to dive with Unique Sports Aruba. While I cannot comment on the quality of diving that S. E. Aruba offers, I can't recommend diving with them.

My family enjoyed diving with Unique. I liked the staff. A couple of them were technical divers--as a budding technical diver, I very much enjoyed learning about technical diving in the ABCs. I must admit that there were more insta-buddies than I'd like--though it was expected.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom