Unexpected IP drift in a newly-serviced first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This reminds me of something sort of fun. I once retrieved a friend's lost inflation bottle after it had been in the water for about a year. The diaphragm was distended from the first stage by maybe an inch. It was intact and the (pressurized, of course) stage and tank were dry inside. We were amazed it hadn't blown out or leaked!
These were recovered still full after 40 years on the bottom. That is a SP Pilot.

1700454964960.jpeg

1700455027431.jpeg

Well lookie there!
A SEALED piston! (Mk5 SPEC)
Screenshot_20231119_213933.jpg

Of course it's still full. That piston is probably pristine inside! A Mk25 would have long since died... :rofl3: :rofl3:

A Pilot and a Mk5. The two best regulators ever designed.

Well, then if the Atomic's are sealed, you and I have been agreeing all along! :rofl3:

Who said I was disagreeing with you Teacher?? I was just saying what you were saying in a different way. (I am different)

:)

What happened to the body that was attached to the gear? Was it recovered also or nothing left of it?
It was knocked off the boat by a local diver back when they found the wreck. Visibility back in those days was about 10'. They were recovered a few years ago by a different diver a couple hundred feet off the wreck.

A little presure washing and some service of the regulator and maybe a hydro and should be good to go. Is that a Bendomatic I am seeing there! What a cool time capsule :cool: . That would look great mostly cleaned up and set in a dive shop display, contrasting the then and now. Problem is, some people might prefer the then instead of the now (equipment).

A little presure washing and some service of the regulator and maybe a hydro and should be good to go. Is that a Bendomatic I am seeing there! What a cool time capsule :cool: . That would look great mostly cleaned up and set in a dive shop display, contrasting the then and now. Problem is, some people might prefer the then instead of the now (equipment).
It wasn't cleaned up, but it is somewhat displayed in the garage at a dive shop. It has a bit of an odor to it.

Yes, it was his entire kit. Bendomatic and all. This was a pretty high end kit in 1980. They were diving a 200' deep wreck with this setup on air. These were knocked off the boat in 1980 and I think Cindy found them in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom