Uneven battery drain on Orcatorch D620

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gyula Fora

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
On my last dive I have noticed that the runtime of my D620 light dropped significantly. It is now only about 1 hour and 10 minutes on full power (instead of the original 2 hours+). I have purchased this light a few months ago and have used it about 20-30 times.

What I noticed after doing a test run at home is that the batteries drain unevenly. When I take the batteries out of the lamp at the end (when the light turns off), 3 of them are almost completely discharged, and 1 is almost on full capacity.

Any idea what the problem is and what to do to resolve it?

After experimenting with it at home, it seems like the canister itself is broken, not the batteries. Maybe there is some contact error with the batteries.

I wonder if it should be possible to replace the canister itself, to a different maybe larger one from another manufacturer. I dont know if the cord connection to the canister is standardized.

Back
Top Bottom