underwater writing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey dive rite and hollis both make underwater note books with underwater paper that is removeable from the book

If you don't want to go the Dura-Rite way, and want slates on the cheap, you can get a lifetime supply of 25 white plastic license plate blanks here for $15 (+ shipping, I imagine). As far as I can tell they're made of the same material as regular slates, and you can cut two to four slates from each, depending on how big you want them.
:)
><)))'>
P.S. If you *really* want to keep costs down, they have a box of 5 for $3.25...

hello im trying to fin underwater paper but i cant find it. if anybody knows a brand or were to buy plz make me know thankz for advance.

I use "Rite in the Rain" which is local to Tacoma, WA but there are probably similar products out there. Rite in the Rain All-Weather Writing Paper Primarily it is waterproof paper for land surveyors and field people who are outside when they are taking notes etc. They also have a nice selection of binders, notebooks and different size papers and grids. They do have blank paper to copy your own design onto. I use them for my dive log - no worries about getting it wet while at the bar after a day of diving.:wink:

I like the idea of one of the previous posts -using mylar - I'm an architect and we used to use this to draw/draft projects on (before computers) with either graphite or plastic "lead" pencils. One side of the mylar has a "tooth" for drawing and the other is usually slick.

There are products out there which you can coat regular paper like maps with to make waterproof. You usually can't write as well on it though.

For those of you whose wood pencils are falling apart I recomend going to an art store where they have graphite sticks - they are thick with a plastic coating so it's all "lead" with no wood and can be sharpened. Push it into a piece of surgical tubing and you have a nice leash for your pencil.

You know, I'd really like to try just doing some reading in the sand at 20 feet. I wonder if I can find buddies for an underwater journal club?

I going to buy a new item which can find on ebay (Wetnotes diver wet notes waterproof all weather), my buddy is using on every dive trip, he said is a nice product, 99% like the Halcyon wetnotes but much affordable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom