Underwater Weddings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwsnapper

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girlfriend and I have both been married before and decided since we love to dive and have already had the traditional marriage we will just get married diving. I have seen a few places in the Keys that do this but we have already been their a few times and would like to go somewhere new. Anybody know any place outside the US that does this????

DiveTech on Grand Cayman advertises underwater weddings. Check their website. I dove with them last June. Good outfit.

Thanks i will check them out. Never been there always wanted to go heard its nice

My wife and I got married underwater off Lucaya Bahamas 28 years ago. Two grown kids later, I still don't know if I'm legally married

How about Honduras anybody heard of them doing underwater weddings?

Yes. Understand that the "wedding" per-se occurs at the time of the inking of the second signature on the marriage certificate which must then be filed.

You are "re-newing" your vows, or whatever that may be termed. If you are looking to be "re-married" to the spouse that you are currently married to, this falls under the bigamy statutes in some countries. It may sound odd, but the law exists soley as a way to block potential fraud.

Why not get married on a live aboard ship? Prepare your vows and have the capatin do them on the fantail or underwater. Let's face it, underwater you're pretty much so limited to reading a slate and giving the "okay" sign.

Kissing the bride underwater is a PADI specialty and should not be attempted by anyone not under an Instructor's direct supervision without prior certification.

Why not get married on a live aboard ship? Prepare your vows and have the capatin do them on the fantail or underwater. Let's face it, underwater you're pretty much so limited to reading a slate and giving the "okay" sign.

I looked into that for my wedding this November. I know for a fact Royal Caribbean does not do that and was told by the company that it is a myth that the captain can perform the wedding. The cruise lines will arrange the wedding at one of the ports but it ain't cheap.

From about.com:
http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/ht/marriedatsea.htm
Even though it is believed to be a regular event, a ship's captain generally doesn't have the legal right to perform a wedding at sea. In order for a Captain of a ship to perform a marriage at sea, he must be a judge, a justice of the peace, a minister or an officially recognize officiant such as a Notary Public.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom