underwater wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kgblair

Registered
Reaction score
austin, texas - the greatest city in the world!
hello all! i am very new to this board and am looking for advice and tips.

my fiancee and i just recently got engaged in january while on our annual bonaire diving holiday. we have not set the date yet. i would like to look in to an underwater wedding so we can combine our two favorite passions - scuba and each other. we were considering key largo, florida. florida is a lot easier for our family to visit than a carribean island obviously. we also visited key largo last fall and we love the diving there. a girlfriend of mine is getting hitched in april in fort lauderdale so we are planning on taking that opportunity to dive a few days in key largo.

has anyone on this board tied the knot at depth? does anyone know more about underwater weddings and/or what to expect? which dive operation is the best to go through for something like this? most of our family does not dive, so this is a ceremony for mostly just us. any suggestions or helpful hints?

'tanks' so much for any advice!

My friends got married at Catalina In California. The bride and groom had their wet suits painted, his like a tux, hers was all white.

other than that i dont know what else to tell you.

Andy

Congratulations!

Beast and I renewed our vows underwater in Key Largo a few years ago. It was a very unorganized affair, performed by friends and attended by friends...it was perfect!

Seriously, there are quite a few dive ops that will be happy to organize your u/w wedding for you. Here's a few to get you started...

http://thefloridakeys.com/captslate/

http://www.pennekamp.com/atlantis/wedding.htm

http://www.solosingles.com/stfl/floridasingleswedmarry.htm

I feel that I am a a bit qualified to respond to since I own the largest privately held wedding search engine (BridalClicks.com) and am very active in the wedding business.

Getting married in the keys is very easy with a little bit of pre-planning:

Make sure that you arrive a few days early so that you can get your Florida Marriage License. The cost is $88.50. Both applicants MUST appear in person. There are no blood tests required.

The Closest Government Center is located on the Gulf side at MM 88.5

You'll need a valid picture ID ie: Driver's License, passport, student ID Card, Military ID, or Alien Registration Card

If you have been previously married, bring appropriate papers ie: Divorce decrees, death certificates, etc.

A valid and legal marriage may be performed by regularly ordained clergy, judiciary, State of Florida notaries, the Clerk of the Circuit Court, and Deputy Clerks.

---

If you have special requirements on how you want the ceremony to go spend a little bit of time with the person who will actually be performing the ceremony to make sure that they are capable and willing to do things your way.

Give me an email off list at jbrown@bridalclicks.com if you need more help

I'll be writting an article on this in the next few weeks for ScubaClicks so look for it over there.

I just wanted to drop a warm welcome to a fellow Texan and a best wishes on your impending wedding. I hope you and your intended will see fit to join some of the Swamp divers on a trip to Travis sometime.

Good luck,

Tom

I did get married underwater in Key Largo. We used Captain Slate's. No body else in my family scuba dives, so we rented a glass bottom boat for everyone to watch the ceremony. The only problem with that was our guests couldn't see us because the boat had turned. We did swim underneath them after the ceremony and waved to everyone. There were also a few people who were seasick.

The groom wore a black wetsuit with a white bow tie. I had a vail made that attached to my mask and a white skirt.

We had the wedding videotaped as well as having still pictures taken.

I definitely recommend getting married underwater. It was a lot of fun.

PA/NJ forgot to tell you she and her hubby were on a Learning Channel special about different types of weddings, it was pretty neat I have seen the tape. They also stayed at Jules Verne Undersea Lodge for a night. Oh your probably wondering how I know this.......I'm her boyfriend:cuddle: now that should raise some questions....Good luck in your wedding plans.
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom