Underwater Video Housings...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HammerNoMore

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As we know the digital camera manufacturers have done a wonderful job recently by offering reasonably priced housings for their cameras. I have a little over $500 invested in my Stylus & PT-016. If I had to pay for an expensive 3rd party housing I would have just skipped it.

With a baby on the way I'm starting to look into video camera purchases. Has anyone seen any similar offerings from any of the video camera manufacturers or know of any on the way?

James

James Goddard:
As we know the digital camera manufacturers have done a wonderful job recently by offering reasonably priced housings for their cameras. I have a little over $500 invested in my Stylus & PT-016. If I had to pay for an expensive 3rd party housing I would have just skipped it.

With a baby on the way I'm starting to look into video camera purchases. Has anyone seen any similar offerings from any of the video camera manufacturers or know of any on the way?

James

The closest I was able to find was this;

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con..._1470&shs=&ci=1932&ac=&Submit.x=4&Submit.y=11

Look towards the bottom of the page.

It looks as thought they are only good to about 33' and I'm not sure I would trust them that far...
They also look very difficult to work with.

Might be better off with something used.

If I see anything else, I'll let you know.

Jeff

Yeah
I looked into that as well. We got a cameral with our first baby (as a package deal, baby and camera) and I looked around for housings (Sony PC-101). They are all so expensive that I decided to look for a digital still camera setup similar to what you have.

One that did stick out for me was the Mini Dawg made by Backscatter. It fits a multitude of body types so you are not locked in to the one camera. The housing itself was 6 or 7 hundred, but with lights and case, it was up to like 1700.

JAG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom