Underwater stills on Hero 3+ ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a good one.

Pulau Weh, Sumatra - a turtle and the wife. Shot on "burst mode" at around 18 meters/60ft, cropped to 3:2 as I hate 4:3.

TAouLWG.jpg

Here's a good one.

Pulau Weh, Sumatra - a turtle and the wife. Shot on "burst mode" at around 18 meters/60ft, cropped to 3:2 as I hate 4:3.

TAouLWG.jpg

Nice! Did you use only the red filter? I used only the PolarPro red filter, 1080p/60fps, no protune, standard factory settings. And tried to grab some frames from the footage... But still, they look kind of soft.. But I really enjoyed the colors...

vlcsnap-2014-05-25-21h40m02s169.jpgvlcsnap-2014-05-30-09h01m39s199.jpg

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2014-05-30-08h58m02s213.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-05-30-08h58m02s213.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 133
Using only a red filter from these folks here.

The PolarPro might be a popular filter but that doesn't mean it's good. Budweiser is also popular but can barely be called beer. It's cheap and they advertise a lot - still doesn't make it good.

Here is another shot (cropped to 3:2 from the original). Shot at around 12 meters, hence the super vivid of colors. This one might go on a frame!

cxJnvja.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom