Underwater Sports Divers Fair!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lots of great deals...and prize giveaways each hour. Lots of twin jets given away, lots of regulators given away. Great prices on gear. Good package deals, etc.

I'm thinking of going back tomorrow for more stuff. As for the OW, I can't vouch, but I did it last year out of the FedWay UWS, and it included the entire class including our open water dives, just not gear and books. But it got me into the sport...and began the money drain. But darn, this is fun stuff!

I saw some compasses, but don't remember the price...but it seemed pretty good at the time.

Lots of fun.

We were there yesterday and it was GREAT meeting ScottZeagle!!! Nice to put a face with a name. :D Scott's prices on his Zeagle BCs were out of this world...if you're in the market, get to the sale today and buy one!

The deals available were excellent at this sale. The only disappointment I had was that what we needed they didn't have, so we didn't spend any money. :( I was practically drooling over the deals on regs and computers though, and felt almost disappointed that we didn't need new ones...and with ours being less than 3 years old, couldn't justify getting new ones anyway. :wink:

Oh well, there's always next year!! :D :D

On my way up there this morning. I want to try on a few dry suits and maybe drop some money if the deals are sweet enough.

Thanks to all who stopped by the booth. It is always nice to put faces to the screen names.

There were some unbelievable prices on BCs and Regs - but the store set those, not me!! I was just there to help answer questions, fit people in BCs and support the store.

Divers Fair is a huge event, and I look forward to returning every year.

I love Seattle...I wonder if we could move Zeagle over here....hahaha.

I'd also like to thank everyone for coming by the Mares booth. As Scott said it is nice to put a face to a name, including Scott and Michael from Apollo. IMO the fair was a great success this year from all perspectives. It requires much effort from UWS, and the manufacturers to pull it off, but at the end of the day if you guys don't show up it simply is a bust. So once again thanks for coming and we'll see you again next year.

I love Seattle...I wonder if we could move Zeagle over here....hahaha.

Scott you should consider moving your facility. The weather is always as nice as it is near the end of July. It be great to have you, just be sure to bring an umbrella, and some patience for the traffic! LOL... See you in Orlando Nov.

Sincerely,

Remember that really quiet restrained guy who meekly won the FIJI trip for 2 on Sunday at the close of Divers Fair???????????

IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and I'M GOING TO FEEEEE JEEEEEE.

3rd trip down there for me and my wife, we spent 2 weeks down there last year exploring Beqa lagoon and Kulu Bay Resort........never been to Taveuni before, so that's going to be great........we won R/T air from LAX to Nadi, 5 nights at Maravu resort, and 3 days diving.........we're stretching that out to a 2 week trip, couple more nights at Maravu, then back down to Beqa and Kulu Bay resort for a week.

Awesome Awesome Awesome, I'm still pinching myself..........heck, I've never won anything more than a pair of concert tickets before myself!!! Fiji baby!!!!

BTW, all my co-workers HATE me........we just got back from Belize 4 weeks ago, I took most of June off last year 2005 to do Fiji and Auckland NZ, so now me thinks we're going to spend Christmas in Fiji this year.

Wife picked up a nice USIA custom drysuit at the divers fair, so we'll be diving more in the cold puget sound with me in my DUI dry suit

Did I mention I'M GOING TO FEEEE JEEEE????????? WOW!

woo hoo.

I really want to thank Underwater sports (grins, I also won first place in the photo contest with the moray eel photo I took at 96 foot deep off Turneffe in Belize!), and especially Donna at South Pacific Island Travel.......check them out at www.spislandtravel.com They really do have great packages and pricing even when you don't win a FREE TRIP to fiji.............he heh.

Anyone need any fiji help or advice, I've been down there a couple times, (third trip real soon - grins) so send me a PM if you need any tips or advice.

This was our 4th year of going to the Divers fair, and to be honest, we'd never even won a T-shirt or any other of the hourly drawings in the last 3 years. This year, I was on cloud nine just for winning the photo contest as there were many many other worthy entries, but after we won the Fiji trip, I honestly thought I'd have a heart attack......ya hoo, lucky lucky lucky!

Fiji here we come!

thanks ya'll for making the dive fair special, the people are what makes it neat.

RockyHeap, you are one lucky sonofagun. Have fun over there, the soft coral is stunning.

JDelage, have you had a chance to dive that SeaQuest yet?! It's a sweet BC, I'm sure you'll like it.

KG, what'd you make out with this year? I didn't buy anything but I helped out some dive club folk.

The $95 OW class is the real deal; the same as the regular $179 class.

Well, I won the Apollo Scooter! Have tried flying it a couple of times, see my blog below for accounts. My thanks to Apollo and UW Sports!

Rocky, you also won some other stuff the hour or so before too, didn't you? I won a mask on Friday and it even fit well!

Jack

RockyHeap:
Remember that really quiet restrained guy who meekly won the FIJI trip for 2 on Sunday at the close of Divers Fair???????????

IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and I'M GOING TO FEEEEE JEEEEEE.

3rd trip down there for me and my wife, we spent 2 weeks down there last year exploring Beqa lagoon and Kulu Bay Resort........never been to Taveuni before, so that's going to be great........we won R/T air from LAX to Nadi, 5 nights at Maravu resort, and 3 days diving.........we're stretching that out to a 2 week trip, couple more nights at Maravu, then back down to Beqa and Kulu Bay resort for a week.

Awesome Awesome Awesome, I'm still pinching myself..........heck, I've never won anything more than a pair of concert tickets before myself!!! Fiji baby!!!!

BTW, all my co-workers HATE me........we just got back from Belize 4 weeks ago, I took most of June off last year 2005 to do Fiji and Auckland NZ, so now me thinks we're going to spend Christmas in Fiji this year.

Wife picked up a nice USIA custom drysuit at the divers fair, so we'll be diving more in the cold puget sound with me in my DUI dry suit

Did I mention I'M GOING TO FEEEE JEEEE????????? WOW!

woo hoo.

I really want to thank Underwater sports (grins, I also won first place in the photo contest with the moray eel photo I took at 96 foot deep off Turneffe in Belize!), and especially Donna at South Pacific Island Travel.......check them out at www.spislandtravel.com They really do have great packages and pricing even when you don't win a FREE TRIP to fiji.............he heh.

Anyone need any fiji help or advice, I've been down there a couple times, (third trip real soon - grins) so send me a PM if you need any tips or advice.

This was our 4th year of going to the Divers fair, and to be honest, we'd never even won a T-shirt or any other of the hourly drawings in the last 3 years. This year, I was on cloud nine just for winning the photo contest as there were many many other worthy entries, but after we won the Fiji trip, I honestly thought I'd have a heart attack......ya hoo, lucky lucky lucky!

Fiji here we come!

thanks ya'll for making the dive fair special, the people are what makes it neat.

[Nailer shakes fist at computer in fit of jealous rage] Argh- oh, well. I can't stay mad. Have a blast, you lucky, spoiled bastich!

Merry Christmas to us! Fee Jee for 2 weeks over Christmas, we're stretching it out for 7 nights at Taveuni, 2 nights Pacific Harbor on the main island for land activities, then 5 nights out at Beqa lagoon at our favorite Beqa Island resort, Kulu Bay which only has 7 bures all of 25 feet from the water..........great dive op too.

Yup, you all summed it up, that day I WAS a lucky sums********!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom